Chapter 22

The next few days flew by. My new schedule still something I had to get used to. 

I woke up to an empty house, alone in bed. Orion already long gone to work.

 I got ready for school, showering, picking out the most comfortable clothes I could find in the closet and choosing which car I would uncomfortably drive.

I hung out with Oliver more now, spending class being distracted by him and his flirty smile. Eating lunch with him in the quad and chatting about school. I didn't talk about Trish, and he didn't talk about Orion. Both of us just getting to know each other without the rest of our lives getting in the way.

 I came home from school to either Orion or Orion and Paul playing video games, watching movies, or or drinking. I would make dinner, which they would devour like wild animals. I would wonder what they did at work that allowed them to be home by four in the afternoon everyday. Most jobs don't get out  until after five, but I'm sure it helps being best friends with the boss. After  Paul goes home, Orion and I relax in bed while he works on his tablet and I do homework.

It's a new routine, but it's a good one.

Orion hadn't brought up the topic of moving in again and I assumed it was so I would bring it up first. He wasn't pressuring me, which I was thankful for. I wasn't sure if I wanted to or not yet, let alone if it were a smart move. 

Sure, I liked Orion but we had only known each other for a little over a week. That was nowhere near enough time to move in together. Especially after a fight like we had. What if I did choose to move in and a week later, we had another fight, or worse he decides he doesn't want to live with a stripper?

When I woke up the morning after he had asked, I decided not to give him an answer yet. I could wait a few more days, maybe even weeks. I wasn't going back to my apartment until Friday but with the date that Orion had planned I probably wasn't going home until Monday.

Luckily for me, I had a couple of the girls from work get my shifts covered for the weekend. Though I did have to suffer from endless texts from Lucy asking why I wasn't going to be working this weekend and where Orion was taking me. 

It was late Thursday night and Orion and I were on the couch watching the Office, his new favorite show. He still hadn't brought the date back up, so I decided to give it a try.

"So, what are we doing this weekend?" At my question, Orion paused the TV and turned towards me. My feet were planted in his lap and he was running his fingers up and down my calves.

"Going on our date."

"Where are we going?" I asked trying not to give him a 'no shit' look.

"Why do you want to know?"

"Lucy was just asking why I wasn't on the schedule this weekend and what we are doing and I didn't know so I thought I would ask."

"Has Lucy checked the schedule recently?"

"I don't know. Why?" My eyebrows furrowed together but he seemed completely at ease as his fingers danced slowly across my legs.

"Well she might want to check her schedule because she isn't on it either. I'm actually surprised Paul didn't tell her." His eyebrows shot up and he nodded his head as if he was appreciating how Paul kept a secret.

I quickly texted Lucy back.

ME> Have you checked your schedule lately?

LUCY> No? Why?

ME> Are you at work?

LUCY> I will be in a few minutes.

I waited for her to text back again but it never came. Instead my phone started ringing with an incoming call from Paul. I hesitated but picked up the phone anyways.