Chapter 25

Orion woke me from my slumber a few hours later. He was fully dressed and had a pair of yoga pants he found in my closet and a t-shirt of his for me to wear. I was learning that Orion liked me better in his clothes. 

I followed him to the kitchen where he whipped me up a grilled chicken salad and some fruit. We talked about going to the grocery store later that day and the whole thing felt so domestic. I loved it. I was smiling throughout the whole conversation just out of normality. We played outside with Sasha for a little bit, but once the cold got to us we decided on heading back inside.

I reminded him that I wanted to work out so he headed off to the living room while I went in search for a sports bra and running shoes. Upon entering the gym, I noticed the brand new silver pole that was on the far off side of the room. 

I scowled at it but honestly it wasn't such a bad idea. If I could have one at home without anyone getting suspicious, I would have bought one already. But that doesn't mean I'm going to use this one. It was ridiculous of him to buy one. What if something happens and we aren't together anymore? Is he going to take up exotic dancing? 

I broke myself free from my thoughts and decided on avoiding it all together. I took a water bottle from inside the fridge and clicked on the TV, switching it to a local news channel. Powering up the fancy treadmill, I stepped on and began a light jog. Twenty minutes into my run I noticed Orion's name on the screen followed by a blurry picture of him coming out of the club we were at last night. The cell phone picture was dark and you couldn't see much. There was a wisp of dark red hair from behind his back but other than that I was completely blocked from the picture; his large frame covering my whole body.

The gossip anchor talked about his sleazy choice of clothes and I sneered at her. It was a Halloween party; half of the people there were dressed slutty. If this were any other person at that party, it wouldn't matter what they were wearing.

I happened to love his outfit.

The screen switched to a field anchor covering the party last night. She was standing on the street getting an interview from a familiar face.

"Are you having fun tonight sir?" The young brunette asked.

"I am. This is a great party; a lot of close friends are here. Even Orion Miller was here!" Richard spoke loud over the music, obviously talking to the woman's chest.

"Orion Miller? Is he a friend of yours?" She perks up to the sound of his name.

"I don't know him personally, but the birthday boy-Jamie- they're real close. I only talked to Orion and his girlfriend for a second before I had to...go."

"Orion Miller has a girlfriend? Did you catch her name?"

"He does and they seem pretty close. She didn't talk much, so I didn't catch her name, but she was a sweetheart." He winked at the camera and I shivered with disgust.

"Well there you have it ladies; Orion Miler is officially off the market. But who is this mystery girl?" The screen left the field anchor and panned back to the gossip woman back at the station. She showed the picture again and talked about my nameless, faceless self. I didn't feel like watching any longer so I switched channels to a rerun of the big bang theory and ran full speed until the episode ended and I was panting to catch my breath.

After my run I was going to do some normal crunches, push ups, burpees, things that were on my usual routine but I was too tempted to use the shining pole that had been taunting me since I walked into the room. I told myself I wouldn't, but then again... Someone should use it.