Chapter 16

That night at work, I couldn't focus to save my life. I was lucky Sandy didn't send me home. Or maybe unlucky, because god only knows I would end up in Orion's bed.

I could only imagine the look on my face all night has been one of pure and utter bewilderment. Lucy had been talking to me like nothing had happened and like I was completely fine, but I knew that she could tell otherwise.

I couldn't get the conversation with Orion out of my head. I did want everything with him, for some reason he was all I could think about. But when it did come to thinking about him, I felt short on information. I barely knew anything about him. I knew the basics about him, mostly the things I would tell him about myself. I made a note to get to know more about him before pursuing a relationship. 

A few hours into my shift I found myself at the bar with a few of the girls. Kristy was telling us about some perv that came to the bar last night and tried to reach over the bar to grope her. "All these girls out here literally sitting on their laps and they feel the need to come after the one with the most clothes on." She shook her head and she had a fleeting scowl on her face, but it was soon replaced with a smirk.

"We don't want them groping us! Just because were half naked does not mean you can forget your manners." Lucy grumbled and we all laughed at her pouting face. "Anyways, what happened after you left last night Ginger?" She asked wriggling her eyebrows and I was actually surprised she of all people held off this long. I glanced at their waiting faces, all hoping for details.

"I went back to his house; he was drunk and passed out after like ten minutes of me being there. Then I talked to Paul until we both fell asleep. That's it."

"Ah so you like the taller one then?" Trish asked walking up behind me. She placed her empty tray on the metal bar and set her hands on her hips. "So, when are you two going to start dating? Has he asked you out?" I sensed something in her tone, but I ignored it hoping it was just a long night at work.

"No, I'm not interested in Paul; he's actually interested in Angel." I said and turned to see a beaming Lucy. "I have his number he wanted me to give it to you."

"Really? Oh! He is so hot and tall. And he seemed so shy towards me." She cooed then clapped her hands like a ten year old that just found out her crush likes her back. "Can I get his-"

"Ginger, did you ask Orion about me?" Kitty interrupted Angel, not hiding the over dramatic eye roll aimed at Lucy. I could hear Lucy grumble behind me but was quickly shut down by Kristy telling her no one needs a cat fight.

"I did. He, um...didn't get back to me about it. Like I said he passed out after I got there." I lied. What is her problem?

"Well did you ask him this morning?" She looked on the border of seething.

"I forgot, I'm sorry."

"Great. Thanks." She spit picking up another drink and walking away. I watched as she walked away until she was out of sight.

"What the hell was that all about?" Kristy asked.

"Pretty little kitty wanted a date with Orion. But Orion is in love with our little Ginger here."

"He is not. We are just getting to know each other."

"Then what did Orion really say when you asked him about Kitty?" She said putting her hands on her hips and raising her perfectly trimmed eye brow.

Thinking about what he said made me want to throw up. "I told him about her and he didn't seem interested. He said he didn't want a girl who only wanted him for his money." I left out the part where he doesn't want anything to do with a stripper. I didn't want to repeat those words. Ever.