Chapter 41

Note: Hey hey, Ruby here. So chapter 41, woop. Hooray for them finding Andrew and Melissa! Heres my chapter, hope you enjoy. Love to you all. and don't forget please vote and comment. Ruby xx

*Kenzie POV*

‘I still can’t believe we found you both. When we got over run by walkers, we went back to look for you but you had just vanished’ I said as I took a seat on the floor with Jensen, next to the sofa were Norman sat with Ruby who was lying down. Andrew and Melissa sat opposite on the second sofa.

‘There were too many of them around the camper by the time we got in it. There was no way we would have been able to go forwards and follow you guys so we just had to back up out of there. We did come back to the area a few hours later to see if you were waiting but it was empty.’ Andrew explained. ‘We looked all over the local area, tried the radio but nothing. So we just decided to find somewhere and secure it out. Bout a week ago we heard a radio announcement that there was a settlement so we started to head up here. Parked up here just for a day or two to rest before we head back out.’

‘Yeah we got that message too. Ran outta supplies where we were so we needed to move. We need to find somewhere secure and safe pretty soon’ Norman said as he nodded towards Rubys big belly.

‘How long have you got left sweetie?’ Melissa asked.

Ruby shrugged. ‘We worked out the due date to be roughly sometime in the next four weeks.’ Her hands were still gripping her belly. ‘Sorry I don’t mean to sound rude but is there a spare room where I could go get some rest?’

‘Of course. Come with me’ Melissa offered Ruby a hand and led her up a small flight of stairs.

‘Want me to come with you babe?’ Norman shouted softly after her.

‘I’m ok’ with that she disappeared behind Melissa to the next level of the house.

‘What do you think about this settlement? Think it could just be an old message?’ I asked Andrew as I lent my head on Jensens shoulder. He placed a kiss on the top of my head as he rested his chin on it.

‘I don’t know. I mean we only got the message less than a week ago. We’ve had the radio on most of the time, so I thought it must be a relatively new message.’

This was what I was really hoping to hear, that there was a real chance of finding safety. If the message was new then that meant they should still be there now. ‘We’ve got to go soon, how far is it from here?’ Jensen stood up and walked over to the kitchen area and came back with the map he brought in from the car. He opened it and sat on the sofa next to Norman.

‘Looking at this, its just over 200 miles, we could do it in a few hours if the roads are clear.’ Jensen said. I stood up and did a small dance, the three men looked at me like I was crazy.

‘What, can’t a girl celebrate?’ They just shrugged ‘Can we go now?’

‘It’ll be coming up to nightfall soon, I think we are best to stay here for the night. Just in case we do encounter any trouble along the way.’ Norman said. ‘I think we could all do with a good nights sleep. Ruby needs a break from being on the road, it’s not doing her any good being on the move all of the while.’

‘I know. But just think the sooner we get there, the sooner we won’t have to keep moving from pillar to post. And we need to get there in case the baby decides to show, they said they have medical care.’ I had been dreading the thought of Ruby going into labour while we were out on the road. I had picked up a book about labour from one of the pharmacies but there was no way I would truly be able to help her if there was an emergency.