Chapter 16

Note: Nie-mo here, Hi again. Wow Ruby's chapter was amazing huh? So much drama building up. Well here is mine I hope you enjoy. Love Nie-mo

Chapter: 16

Ruby's P.O.V:

I stood in front of Norman seeing fear plain on his face. 'I will be okay, I promise you I am.'

'You better, as I said I jut found you I am not ready to lose you.' he looked over to Jensen. 'you look after her with your life dude.'

'I will man of course, we will both be fine.' Jensen said the last part looking back to Kenzie who had a few stray tears rolling down her cheek.

'Please be careful, I am not ready to lose you either, and look after her.'

'I will babe.' Jensen replied kissing her head. I walked over to Kenzie and hugged her

'Hey come on, you know me, you know I will be fine, We will all have each others back.'

'I am coming with you.' Norman announced walking over to me

'No! Please I need you to stay here look after this one.' I said putting my arm around Kenzie he looked at her then to me and nodded. I stepped closer to him and placed a hand on his cheek, 'I am fast and I am a good shot I will be fine.' I lean up on my tip toes and kiss him.

Once we had our plan sorted we set out. Sarah taking lead, she had a tight grip of a fire axe ready to swing it at the first sign of trouble. Jon stood behind her then I was behind him, then Jensen at the rear watching our backs.

Sarah rounded the first corner after checking to see if it was all clear. She pushed the heavy set door that led to the stair case and we all slipped in carefully closing it as to not make any noise alerting them things to our presence. Sarah then made her way down the narrow steep stair case, stopping at the bottom peeking through the little square window of the door.

'Shit they are everywhere.' she cursed turning back to us all

'We have to get through, we need to get to that room.' Jon said rubbing his hands over his face letting out a frustrated moan.

'Maybe this is a stupid thing to say, but in the walking dead, season one episode 2 Rick and Glenn covered themselves in zombie entrails to stop them from smelling out living flesh, now I know it was just a program but I think it might actually work if we can manage to get close to a dead one.' I suggested they all looked at me as If I was mad for a moment then John smiled

'You know it just might work, it does make sense their nasty dead smell would totally cover up our smell.' Jensen nodded

'How do we even get close enough to one to do that?' he asked

'Simple, I will run out, get them all to chase me, you guys grab a dead guy drag it back in here I will lose them double back and you let me back in before they see where I went.' I offered a solution.

'No, no way in hell I promised Norman and Kenzie I will look after you.' Jensen said in protest.

'I wasn't asking your permission, Jensen. Listen I wouldn't do this if I didn't think I could okay.' He ran his hands through his hair and back down over his face shaking his head.

'What if something goes wrong Ruby? I let my best friend down the girl I think I am falling in love with and I lose an amazing new friend, I can't let you.'

'You love Kenzie?'

'Huh? Well listen that isn't the point please Ruby please.'

'Sorry Jensen I have to do this, Sarah open the door.' I said she pushed it open and I slipped out she closed it again and I scanned the room, there were at least eight of then scattered out some aimlessly wondering some feeding on poor victims. I slowly walked forward, my heart pounding in my chest, I wanted to get away from the door before I made them aware of my presence.

So busy keeping my eyes on them I wasn't looking where I was going and walked into something, looking down I saw I kicked a body. Holing my hand over my mouth to stop a scream form escaping I looked up, they were still oblivious to my presence, that is when it dawned on me.

I grabbed the dead man's wrists and started to slowly pull him backwards being very careful not to make any sound. When I reached the door Sarah had opened the door fully allowing me to drag him inside I duped him on the bottom of the stair case stepping over him as Sarah closed the door back up.

'Even better plan.' I grinned

'Gosh Ruby don't ever scare me like that again.' Jensen said hugging me.

'Gods you are such a nervous Nelly Jensen.' I laughed

'Okay lets uh, lets get covering.'

Once we were all as good as covered in the entrails and we had all stopped throwing up or dry heaving we set out to reach our destination. Sarah again led the way she gripped the axe tight I her hand and we moved slow and zombie like through the crowd, a couple looked up right at me, my heart started pounding but I kept calm and continued, it soon went back to eating some young wonder woman dressed girl. We soon made it to the start of the corridor that was empty.

Out of sight of those things we ran the length of the corridor and Sarah pulled open the door that said security but it was locked.

'Shit, are you kidding me? Give us a break.' she cussed under her breath

'Here we can use the axe but it will cause attention.' Jon said and grabbed the axe from Sarah starting to pound the door. It soon creaked open but they also soon started to make their way over so we hurrying and barricade the door with the desk and book shelf.

'We will have to hold up here quietly until they have gone.' Jensen said.

'Shouldn't be long, they will realise they don't smell fresh flesh and give up before long.' Jon said sounding like he hoped that is what would happen.

Kenzie's P.O.V-

pacing back and forth in front of the door, everyone else was sitting on the floor I complete silence

'They should be back by now.' I mumbled 'I think something is wrong, we need to go find them.' stopped pacing by this time and looked around to everyone.

'Listen Kenzie, I wanna know they are safe as much as you but we could go out looking for them and they could come back and we would be stuck out there alone with no form of self defence.' Norman said getting to his feet placing a hand on each of my shoulders. I nodded I knew he was right

'God I just wish I knew they were safe, this is driving me insane.' I said throwing my hands in the air out of frustration.

'Come here hunny come sit with us, pacing is doing you no good.' Melissa said reaching out to me. I let out a sigh and sat next to her and Laurie.

'You know Jon and Sarah will make sure they are fine, and they have each other.' Laurie reassured me with a kind smile.

'I bet they probably had to hold up somewhere out of danger for a while.' Andrew said from the other side of the room. Again another small smile spread across my face.

'What's funny?' Norman asked

'Oh nothing, it's stupid really.'

'What?' he asked

'I just find it strange hearing Andrew talk in his own accent is all, like I said stupid really.'

'Gosh you and Ruby are so alike it scares me, she said the same thing this morning.' he gave a small side grin Andrew just looked at me with a side smile of his own

'Should I put on my Rick Grimes voice?' he said in his American accent. I shook my head.

'I like you own accent better.' he chuckled slightly.

A further twenty minutes had passed and there was still no sign of them getting back. My nerves were a wreck my mind racing thinking of all the possible things that could be causing them to be so long, none of them positive ones. I had to fight real hard not to cry, now wasn't the right time to fall apart. I needed to be strong. Though that was proving to be rather difficult.