Chapter 23

Note: Hey all Ruby here. WOW What do you think of Niemos last chapter! Great huh! Well here is mine. This chapter comes with 2 warnings. one it is a long ass chapter and two there are two sexual scences within this story. As with Nie-mos chapter these will be marked, so you can skip by them and they won't ruin anypart of the reading. Please comment and vote. Thanks Ruby xxx

*Kenzie POV*

As Jensen left the room I rushed to get myself dressed, still feeling more than flustered about the intimate moment with Jensen, slightly cursing in my mind that it hadn’t gone any further. I mean who knows when the next time we will be able to get some alone time. I pulled on a pair of black denim shorts and a baggy white vest top, with my grey charcoal bikini top under neither. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and left the room, skipping down the stairs.

I noticed the group was gathered outside but I went into the kitchen to grab myself a glass of water before going out to them. Even though we didn’t have power it was nice to still have running water thanks to the villa having its own water tank. It’s a shame it didn’t have its own generator for power as I really would have loved to be able to stay here, rather than taking the risk in moving on to somewhere new, especially a big city. Oh well it was something we were going to have to face eventually. Maybe Jensen was right about there being an army base that would take us in. But then again what if the walkers were everywhere, surely they would outnumber the living by now. Would it be worth us heading to somewhere remote? Out to sea? There were too many possibilities. We were just going to have to see what happened and go with it.

Melissa entered the kitchen distracting me from my thoughts. ‘Hey, how are you feeling today?’ I asked her as she made her way over to the kitchen sink to pour herself a drink.

‘I’m good. I think’ she smiled. ‘It all seems like we are filming for another series of the show. Like the director is going to shout out cut at any moment and then Sarah, Laurie and Michael will come out of hiding.’ She wiped a falling tear from her eye. I placed my drink down on the counter and walked over to her giving her a hug.

‘I know I didn’t know them, but they will be missed. As harsh as this may sounds we will all have to look out for each other now. Staying alive is important.’ She nodded.

‘Yeah I know. I think I’m going to go for another lie down. Make use of the time we have for rest before we have to go’ with that she left the room and headed back upstairs. I finally went out to see what everybody else was up to.

Ruby was sat on the door step, watching the four men gathered around an old red Chevrolet pickup, I sat down on the seat next to her, offering her a sip of my drink.

‘Is that what they came back with? Couldn’t pick up anything working?’ I laughed.

‘Well according to them, it just needs a little work. Plus the space in the back would hold a good amount of supplies along with the camper. I think they all need a challenge to fix it, keep their minds busy.’ She took a sip of the water before handing it back to me. ‘Where’s Melissa? She went in for a drink but hasn’t come back out.’

‘She just wants to be alone. She is still in mourning’.

‘Yeah, that’s understandable. Have you thought much about back home?’ Ruby asked as she picked a bit off of her flaking red nail varnish off of a nail.

‘If I’m honest I’m trying not to. I’m just hoping our families are safe.’ I felt tears begin to sting the corner of my eye. It wasn’t really something I had really wanted to think about for too long. As the news report had said the infection/disease, whatever it was, had spread all over the world. It seemed to spread quickly from one person to another, who knew if they were all still alive.