Chapter 17

Note: Ruby here. So the walkers got um trapped hey....this can't be good surely....Read on to find out what happens. Don't forget to vote and comment. Love to you all, Ruby xx

*Ruby POV*

‘I am seriously going to heave again’ Sarah mumbled as she knelt down with her head between her knees. We had been in the room for 30 minutes now and the stench from our clothes was overwhelming to say the least.

No one replied as we continued to search the two connecting rooms. Jon had already cleared out two lockers. He had found 3 shot guns, 6 pistols, 4 grenades, a set of flares and luckily ammo. He chucked them into a gym back that was lying under a desk.

Jensen had joined me in the small medical room that joined onto the security room. The second gym bag that we had found was already full with things like bandages, pain killers and antibiotics.

‘So falling in love with Kenzie, huh’ I said to Jensen, as I continued to search the cabinet for anything else that would be worthwhile grabbing.

‘’Yeah.’ He replied. I looked over to him to see a small smile spread across his lips.

‘You mess her up in anyway and I promise you, that these walkers won’t seem as scary as what could happen to you’ I laughed.

‘I know, and not for one minute would I let anything happen to her. I know we have only known each other for a few days but it feels right.’

‘Well they do say some people believe in Love at first sight. You should tell her’

‘What is she rejects me?’

‘Oh come of it. The girl adores you. There is so much chemistry between you both.’ I smiled turning towards him. ‘I know that this shit has just kicked off, but don’t lose her. Things can work out for you both. There is still time to wine and dine her. Maybe in the safty of the villa bit still. Romance isn’t dead.’ He nodded giving a light chuckle.

‘Yeah your right.’

‘Guys!’ Jon shouted from the next room. We both looked at each other briefly before running through the doorway.

‘What’s up?’ Jensen questioned with a worried tone. I noticed Sarah was still sat down looking at the floor. I passed her a bottled water that I had found in the medical room for her to drink. She just nodded before taking a small sip.

‘Those things are going to get in here.’ He pointed towards the door. They were still holding but around the frame there were cracks appearing in the wall. So much for them deciding that we weren’t a meal.

‘How the hell do we get out?’ Sarah asked with a cough.

‘There. At the back, there is a window.’ We all walked towards the blinds peeking through. We were now on the exhibit floor level and the window led directly into the hall. Straight opposite us was a door.  However in the hall there must have been at least 35-40 of the walkers in there. Some feeding, some just walking arouns.

‘Oh shit.’  Jensen sighed running his hair through his hands.

‘Wait’ I looked up to the next level towards the right of the hall. There peeking out of one of the windows was Andrew. ‘Up there.’ I pointed to the others. ‘If we can get them to create some kind of diversion, attract their attention, we would be able to make a run for it.’

‘Great idea, but if we get their attention then we will get theres too’ That was true. I though about it for a moment before remembering about my phone in my back pocket.

*Kenzie POV*

I sat on the floor with Melissa as she asked me about mine and Rubys lifes back home when I felt my phone begin to vibrate in my pocket. I snatched it out to look at the ID. Ruby.