37

Ch. 37

Eunhae showed up at my house like she'd promised, turns out someone tried to murder her as well but the officer in charge of the case had provided her with adequate security since she's a valuable witness.

I was alone at work since Blair had a meeting with one of the investors while Nathan took the day off on my orders, he looked worn out and tired when he arrived so with --certain levels of uh persuasion, he agreed to go back home.

Papa was going back to Michigan but he decided to see some of his co workers at the police station before leaving.

While filing some documents, the telephone on Blair's desk rings. I ignore it at first but eventually answer the call.

"Miss Cameron?"

"It's Alexa..."

"Uh..well the hospital just called and this call is actually for Miss Cameron but well.."

"What exactly is your point Zoe"

"You need to get a hold of Mr McCoy ma'am...Miss Simmons was just involved in a car accident"

Roxanne what have you done...

"Okay..okay, I'll get a hold of him"

As soon as I hang up, I swipe my purse and bolt out of the office.

It's weird how concerned I am about Bianca but she still remains a human being manipulated by Ivy so --

'I told you to take the day off from work not the day off from your cellphone...pick up!!'

For the fifth time, I'm redirected to voice mail. I throw my purse in the passenger seat and hit the ignition. I already called Troy and Blair and everyone else to help get a lock on Nathan but he wasn't answering any calls.

I drive to Nathan's house since the press rush had died down. His car is parked in the garage showing his presence at home. As soon as I get out of the car, I try his cellphone...

You've been forwarded to...

"Shut up!", I groan and type in the password.

The door clicks and opens, but it's strangely quiet, the TV's switched on but no one's watching, there are two glasses of whisky on the coffee table both half empty...or is it, half full?..depends on what you believe in.

I clear up the place and switch off the TV.

I search everywhere for him but he isn't any where, the only place left is his bedroom. I knock twice but no one answers. So I open the door and poke my head through the little space I've made.

Just as I thought, he's in bed. I smile and open the door completely. I'm not even halfway to the bed when my whole body paralyzes. Walking out of the bathroom with a towel around her chest is...

" --Ivy?"

On sighting me, she smirks. The sound of my voice must've startled Nathan because he squirms for a few seconds before finally opening his eyes. He glances from me to Ivy before looking under the sheets.

"Fuck", he mutters, running his hands through his hair.."Ally, this is not what it looks like"

I chuckle softly, "it's exactly what it looks like. How could you do this?". Ivy just stands there innocently with her hands behind her. But when Nathan doesn't answer, I shake, "I thought so"

I have no idea how fast I'm running and I'm pretty sure it wrong to drive angry but at this point, I really don't care. I'm going to Michigan with my dad, staying in New York just isn't a choice any longer.