36

Ch. 36

Beware for swear

Where this chapter ends is not very fair

No?..okay.

Uh..I was just trying to say that it's a short chapter..sorry, sometimes I just get carried away.

The next couple of weeks were rough for Nathan and I..well mostly Nathan. Some of our investors threatened to pull out if proper investigations weren't done.

I hardly saw Nathan anymore it was always one meeting or the other, I was beginning to get fed up myself. I couldn't go grocery shopping without running into a couple of reporters or flashing cameras.

My whole world was suddenly turned upsidedown. Papa even had to fly in from Michigan again because of the situation. I had to walk into Skylark Industries every single day with either Tristan or Sean because the media situation was out of hand.

One day while Nathan was out. I got a call from Nathan's supposed wife saying to meet at a certain frozen yogurt shop in downtown New York.

When I get there, she's already seated, "Alexa Thompson?"

"Yes"

"I'm Yoo Eunhae it's nice to finally meet you", she smiles.

"I can't say the same about you considering you've virtually ruined my life"

"I know, I'm sorry..I never wanted to, I never really had a choice"

I sit up in my chair, "what do you mean you didn't have a choice?"

She gazes at me for a few seconds and takes a deep breath, "I called you here because I want to apologize"

"Apologize for what..you had a child for Ashton didn't you?"

"No", she shakes her head " --I was paid off, the whole thing is a lie. You see my husband was diagnosed with early stages of liver cancer and they made me an offer I couldn't refuse"

"They..who's they?", I ask.

"I don't know...all I know is that there's two women involved. For every job well done, they'd pay some money into my account. At first I was happy I finally found away to pay for my husband's surgery but watching the news these past few days, I couldn't take it. I've lived for months with the fear of losing someone I loved so much. I couldn't bear to do the same to another.."

"A-all these things you've just told me..did you report it to the police?"

"Yes..yes, I spoke with the detective in charge of this case. It's only a matter of time before they find me..I have to go. I called you here to beg for your forgiveness".

With that she takes my hand, "mian haeyo, jebal yongseohaejuseyo."

"Oh..my God, no..it's fine. I totally forgive you..sometimes we do the wrong thing for the right reasons".

I watch her clean the tear that rolls down her cheek and I smile.

"These people..did you happen to meet one or any of them?"

"No, no..", she trails off trying to remember and then she gasps..."Geulae, I met one of them once, her name was Bianca --I think"

"B-bianca?"

"Yes..she's the one in charge of my accommodation and up keep here in New York".

I swallow all this information until something hit me, "you said there were two women..how do you know that when you've only met one?"

"Whenever we talked on..on the phone, the voices will be different"

"I'm really grateful that you told me all this and I'm sorry you had to deal with so much...here, I want you to come by this address later today or tomorrow..whichever works for you and we could talk".

She smiles and bows her head, "gomabseubnida"

"Your welcome", I smile back.

When I returned to the office later that day, I was in for the surprise of my life. I was walking down the hall when I heard someone whispering urgently.

I don't eavesdrop on a regular basis but this person sounded so much like Ivy, I just had to see what menaces she was up to..

"The cops are unto us and I can't risk Bianca spilling everything --because it'll jeopardize my career you knuckle brain! So is the job done..like we planned? --excellent this would be her last drive home".

I feel like I've missed a turn down evil witch road. I had to warn Bianca even though I didn't like her very much..but how?

Thinking hard and out loud for a solution, it hit me..the day Kyle called to schedule a night out he'd used Roxanne's cellphone. I'm so getting stewed for this.

"Roxanne?"

"Yes, who's this?"

"It's Alexa..please don't hang up!"

She sighs, "What do you want?"

"Look I know we're not the best of friend but you've gotta believe me..Bianca's in a lot of danger, you've got to convince her to not drive home tonight"

"Why should I listen to you?"

"Listen..you may not believe me but she's your friend..do it for her not me --"

Before I could say more, she hangs up on me. I call every other person I guessed would have Bianca's cell number but they can't reach her.

I shudder at Ivy's words that continue to echo in my head, This would be her last drive home

VOTE COMMENT SHARE

38