21

Ch. 21

"Calm down..look, I know it's really not what you want to hear but just hear me out, kay?".

I sigh and collapse in the chair, "Listening"

"Alright, I had a brief meeting with Blair this morning and I sort of asked her to...you know..."

"Lie?", I cock an eyebrow. He looks at me for a few seconds probably thinking about the best way to reply, "You could put it like that"

"Why would you do that?.I almost died!"

"Yeah, but you didn't..I mean come on, you were amazing, I had chills", he rubs his sides and chuckles

Seeing the way he jokes around, I roll my eyes and strode to the door, grabbing my MacBook as well.

"Ally, don't be like that". When I don't look back he laughs, "come on!"

*

"Hey girl", Blair greets cheerfully, " --how was the meeting?"

"Didn't go as bad as I thought it would..how was yours?"

I watch the smile on Blair's face slowly fade as I collapse in my chair, "Oh uh --you know. It --"

"Went great?"

"Yeah, that". Blair answers, looking away. I watch her fiddle with her pen in silence before eventually returning to work. We're silent for a while until Blair sighs, "Ally..."

"It's alright... I know you had no appointment with any Mr Santiago"

"I'm so sorry....I-it was Nash, he totally made me do it, he groveled. I really had no choice", she whines, scuttling to my desk.

I glance up at her pleading face, "Well..when you put it like that, I could overlook"

"Ugh --", she throws her arms around my neck and moans, " --thank you", she smiles, returning to her desk.

"Hey Blair, I've been wondering..."

"What"

"You're the only other girl I know that doesn't go nuts over Nathan...how come?"

She makes sick face and I giggle, "that bad?"

"No, it's just..Ash and I practically grew up in each other's houses. He's like my big brother, I've witnessed all his farts and flaws..imagining a relationship with him is kinda weird...doesn't mean I didn't have any infatuations at some point"

"Farts", I joke.

"Exactly, besides that..I just think it's sort of impossible. I'm already involved with his cousin Troy...the day I decide to switch, is the day one of them dies", she finishes with a chuckle.

"Wai--hold on, back up a little...you just said Troy and Nathan are cousins, right? Or it's just me and I'm not hearing right", I blinked

"Yeah", she shrugs, "Troy's mom is Mr McCoy's baby sister".

I sit there dumbfounded as a picture of Troy's smirk flashes through my mind one more time.

"You didn't know?"

"Actually I never really put much thought into it, but there's definitely one thing they've got in common"

"What's that?", she asks

"They've both got this annoying smile that makes you wanna drive their heads through a wall"

"Right!?..I thought I was the only person who feel that way", she replies, her magazine completely forgotten. "Hey, you know you could join us for movie night..tonight, come on it'll be fun"