30

Ch. 30

"Ugh thank goodness..I'm so glad you're okay, I thought you were taking the rest of the day off?"

"I am, I'm just here to see Nathan", I smile at Blair's relieved face.

"Oh..so how did the date go?"

"I wouldn't say it was a date...that'll be weird", I make a sickening face and she cracks up, "Why?"

"It was my dad, he's back in New York!...well just for a few days"

"That's wonderful!"

"I know!...but there's a flaw in this whole celebration"

"What do you mean?"

I take a deep breath and sit down, "he wants to see Nathan"

"Ohh", she winces " --wow...well uh, so is that going to be a problem?"

"I wouldn't know---"

*

".....your father?!"

"Hey why are you so nervous? I mean you've seen him before, its not like you're meeting him for the first time"

"It is the first time baby"

"Huh?"

"Look the last time I saw your father he was..well he was--"

"Unconscious?"

"Yeah...argh this is so messed up"

"Why would you say that"

"What if he doesn't accept me? I mean I made a lot of mistakes"

"Nathan, you're just nervous that's all. Everything will be fine, stop worrying". I sit him in his chair and play with his collar, "I'll be standing or --sitting right next to you, holding your hand"

"Promise?"

"I promise", I bat my eyes childishly.

"You know even if he doesn't accept me, we could run away together and possibly....repopulate"

"You're a nasty man Nathan, you know that?"

"Yeah but you love it"

"Oh do I--"

Nathan interrupted me with a kiss. Every time his lips touched my neck, sent sparks shooting through me. He lifted me off the ground but to regain balance, I wrapped my legs around his waist and my hands around his neck.

He's about to take his suit off when my cellphone buzzes and Nathan groans at the interruption.

"Its my dad, he just texted his address, we gotta go"

He doesn't stop, he keeps kissing me all around.

"Nathan"

"Ugh now? Come on we can't leave this alone"

"Nathan we can't do this in your office, someone could walk in"

"They'd have to knock first"

"Nathan stop...Nathan"

"Argh fine but you owe me, big time"

"I know, now lets go"

He groans loudly but tails along eventually.

We arrive at the hotel's restaurant, where Papa's seated, at the far end. We approach him but halfway there, Nathan turns around

"No", he sighs