25

Ch. 25

After Chief Kim and Ryan exit the room, I decide to go see Nathan in his office. So, taking a deep breath I knock on the door.

"Come in", said the voice on the other side of the door.

"Hey I just...oh uh, I could come later, you know..if you're busy"

Ivy smiles wryly, "it's alright Ally, I was just leaving"

"Wait you two know each other?", Nathan asks, looking from Ivy to me. But before I could even say a word, she beat me to it, "Yes actually, now if you'd excuse me..there's work to be done"

As she walks away, I do the same but Nathan calls me back, "Ally, where are you going..I thought you came to see me"

"Yeah but I don't think it's necessary anymore", I manage to smile.

"Is something wrong baby?", he asks

"I'm fine..I promise".

From the way Nathan's looking at me, anyone can tell he doesn't believe me. So taking a deep breath, I close the door and lean on it.

"What's wrong?", he walks up to me and pulls me away from the door. "I don't know, I'm just worried"

"Worried?...about what?"

"I don't know what. I just have this lump in the pit of my stomach", I reply without meeting his gaze

"Is this about Ivy?", he smiles.

My eyes widened at his guess but I can't show my concern, "What?..no, of course not. I mean, why would you think that?...it's crazy"

Nathan tosses his head back in laughter.

Fine, so I'm not so good at hiding emotions, sue me

"You have nothing to worry about. It's just going to be you and me. I mean, she can try...look at me, I'm the total package. Trust me, nothing is going to happen to us"

I smile softly and hit his chest, "you're right, you are the total package. So, should I mail it to Nathan, Ashton or Mason McCoy?"

"How did you--how do you know that name?", he asks, obviously shocked. I shrug, "a girl has her ways...Mason"

"Don't call me that", he chuckles

"Call you what?..oh you mean Mason?", I tease.

"Ally!", he calls as I scurry away from him.

"Okay I won't call you..you know what", I laugh.

"Thank you", he sighs.

"Mason", I mutter.

"What was that?", he quirks an eyebrow.

"Oh nothing", I bite my lips

"You're gonna get it"

And with a small growl, he lunges at me and that's how our little game of catcher began. As we goof around Blair walks in, I'm the one who notices her first so I tap Nathan who's face is buried in my neck. He swiftly lets go of me immediately he sees her.

"Am I interrupting anything", she smirks, standing hands crossed.

"Nothing, Mason and I were just messing around"

"Oh, so you found out huh?", she smiles.

"Yeah", I giggle " --hey I just realized now that I don't even know what to call you"

"You can call me whatever you like sweetheart", he tells me, his voice an octave lower as he reaches for my face and kisses my nose.

"Okay..guys enough, I'm still here you know"