14

Ch. 14

Enter Nathan
Two seconds later, Ally jerks away and scurries backwards until she hits the kitchen cabinet. She has shock written all over her face while I'm struggling desperately to contain mine. I dab the back of my hand on the side my lips. There's blood.

"Funny way and time for our first kiss huh?", I chuckle but wince at the pain.

"Are you okay?", I ask, walking up to her, "Come on"

She glances at my hand and for a second she hesitates but takes it eventually. When she's on her feet, she frowns.

"You-", she tilts my head to take a closer look at my cut "Did I do that?", she asks

"You tripped and fell on me so technically...you caused it", I chuckle, but it doesn't make the frown go away.

"It's alright, I'll have Porter check it out later", I smile softly, dropping her hand from my face.

"No, we're gonna check it out now", she says firmly, leading me into the living room.

"Sit", she orders, fishing out a first aid kit.

"You know i could--"

"Shh", she coos, placing a spirit soaked cotton ball on the wounded area.

Few minutes later....(cue the Spongebob Squarepants narrator voice)

"Alright, I've had a shower like you requested, don't you think it's late now..you should go?"

"I promised Jayson, that I'd make sure you're alright so come on, you have to fall asleep before I go anywhere", I tell her, relaxing into a couch.

She insists she'd sleep on the couch and I can't change her mind so I let her.

Twenty minutes later, she's out like a light, I watch her sleeping body for the next forty-five minutes before I finally check the time and realize it's 2:15am. I tuck a lock of hair behind her ear and pull the blanket up to her shoulder.

*

"Ash, man where have you been?", Porter asks just when I shut the door behind me.

"I had an emergency", I sigh, collapsing into a couch, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"Wait, you went to the meeting dressed like...that?", he asks, pointing at my hoodie.

"Yeah", I shrug.

His eyebrows furrow, "what happened to you?"

"Little accident, nothing really serious though..she took care of it"

"She?", he asks.

I cough and stand up, walking in the direction of my room.

"Nash!", Porter calls after me "...she, who?..Nash!"

I smirk, shutting the door to my room. I collapse in my bed and close my eyes to let the events of the night replay in my mind.

You've got to be kidding me

I groan, jerking out of my thoughts.

Enter Ally

I blink as the rays of sunlight peeking through the window blinds sting me. I scour my apartment for the buzzing sound of my alarm that I can't remember setting and turn it off. I stand up to grab a glass of water groaning sleepily, when I step on something.