9

Ch. 9

"What are you doing?"

I turn around with a spatula in my hand to the direction of the voice. Nathan is standing there in a sweatshirt and loose trousers with his hands in his pockets while Porter's sniffing around in boxer shorts and a loose shirt with the word 'HELLO' on it.

"Breakfast", I answer "...hungry?"

"Starving...I could really use a few bi--", Porter trails off as Nathan pulls him by the collar to stop him from going further.

"Come on, when was the last time you had this much food at your disposal", I ask with a pout.

Nathan glances at Porter who isn't doing a very good job sneaking a bacon and sighs, "yesterday, and the day before that..Porter cooks"

I wasn't expecting that.

"Oh", I lower my gaze.

"Come on man, just this one time. The pancakes are so good", Porter whines while I bob my head eagerly.

He glances from Porter to me and rubs the bridge of his nose, pulls out a chair and plops down in it.

"Why are you even up this early?", Nathan mutters, his arms crossed. Porter's already digging in.

"Come on Nash you're missing out on all this, it's even better than my cooking".

When Nathan doesn't comply, Porter rolls up a pancake positions it right in front of Nathan, "I'll make you a deal, this doesn't taste better, I'll..do all the chores on my own for a month"

Nathan's eyebrows shoot up, sky-high at the challenge. After scouring the house for a few seconds, he picks up the pancake, shoves it in his mouth and walks away.

"You didn't say which tastes better!", Porter calls after him.

Sitting silently through all this, "Is he always like that?"

"Constantly, you'll get used to it", he shrugs.

__________

After breakfast, Porter offered to do the dishes while I took a shower. I was ready, well not totally ready.. earlier during breakfast Porter said something about Nathan liking something sweet while he worked out so I decided to take him a bottle of juice.

I'm wandering around the house looking for the gym when I sight Nathan behind a glass door. When I open the door, the blaring of music hit me.

Sound proof doors..who would've thought?

Nathan's completely unaware that I'm in the room. So, I reach to turn down the volume.

"What are you doing here?", he asks, startling me. So, he did notice me..great.

He puts down the dumbbell, grabs a towel and walks right up to me. I can't get my eyes of his body, I'm overly distracted and my my body threatens to lose composure, "I-i was going to give this to you", I stutter, showing him the bottle.

He turns down the volume while I struggle to look anywhere but at him.

"Why?"

"Well i just thought that--"

"Just take it", he interjects "..if i want something to drink, there's nothing stopping me from getting it myself". He's so close now that I can feel his breath on my forehead. I cough and take a step back.

"I just --"

"First it's breakfast and now this? where do you think you are, your apartment?...I didn't ask for your help, and I certainly didn't bring you here for your help", he says, his voice raised a bit.