13

Ch. 13

Stepping out of the hospital where I'd spent the last few hours, I heave a sigh. I woke up this morning and couldn't find Nathan anywhere, Porter told me that he had to run because he had something crazy important that he had to take care of.

After breakfast, I went back to my apartment for a quick change of clothes and all that. I wasn't going to tell Ava or Jay my discovery just yet, if Nathan couldn't tell me, it only means he didn't want anyone knowing about it.

Right?

Anyway, Papa walks around fine now but with just little assistance, I missed talking to Papa and i didn't want to leave..except I had to, considering the poor man needs his rest.

My boss at Luigi's didn't want to hear about me coming to work. He said I had to focus on my health, so yeah I'm still not allowed at work.

Since I virtually have no place else to go, I head to a club which is usually the last place I ever want to be. It's 8:04pm and I'm sitting at the bar sipping on some club soda. When something rather interesting catches my eye. Sitting in a slightly less noisy corner is Chad, making out with a chick I know too well isn't Avery.

I slam my bottle on the counter and make my way towards him.

"Chad?"

He jerks at the sound of his name. As soon as he sees me, he whispers something to girl who eyeballs me as she walks away, "what are you doing here?"  he asks coolly.

"Same reason as you, to clear my head unless..you've got other reasons", I say, cocking my head.

He looks at me top to bottom and bites his lips

How did I even know this guy?, I think in disgust.

Well, I'm one of the reasons Chad knows Ava, and I regret it.

Maintaining the perverted look on his face, he chuckles, "hey don't look at me like that, you came up to me. There's only one thing you'd want"

I sigh, "I want to know why you're cheating on Avery"

"She didn't want to come with me okay?"

"So, that gives you enough reasons to cheat on her?", I ask, in mock laughter.

"Hey, easy on the c-word and let's get down to why you're really here", he says, leaning in slowly

"Dude, you just shoved your tongue down that lady's throat and you're not satisfied?", I stare at him, my nose scrunched up in disgust

"Fine, have it your way", he snorts.

I grunt and turn to leave but he holds me back "Look I'm sorry okay?...you're not going to tell Ava are you?"

"Of course I'm gonna tell her, the poor thing deserves to know"

"You don't get it", he chuckles "You wouldn't want to risk you friendship now would you?"

"What do you mean?", I ask carefully when he let go of me.

"You probably know by now that I'm virtually the cause of most of your problems with Ava. So, I suggest you do yourself a favor and just forget what you saw", he smirks.

And he's right, every time I try to rat him out, Ava and I end up arguing. Should I let this go, again?

__________

"Is Ava here?", I ask as I enter Jay's apartment.

I had called him earlier and told him everything, I also asked to him get a hold on Ava which he did.