10

Ch. 10

I groan mentally but I don't move or say a word.

"The doctor says you passed out because you're under dangerous amounts of stress. There is such a thing as working oneself to death...you know that, right?"

When I still didn't move, he sighed, "your friends, Avery and what's his name --Jason left six hours ago"

Six hours?..he's been here six hours?

"Avery came back to drop these daises, she says to tell you she knows how much you hate daises but it's the only one she could get on such short notice"

......

"Look", he sighs "I know I was way out of line earlier and I'm sorry but that does not make up for risking your health, you really need to take it easy from now on"

Still facing the opposite direction, I hear the scraping of a chair against the floor a bit and I assume he's leaving. "You've been here for six hours?", I ask quietly

"Don't get too excited. It was six freaking hours, I mean the first hour was fun because you weren't talking but then I got bored. So I grabbed some lunch, went to the movies...just got back like thirty minutes ago", he shrugs

I bit my lips a perfect frown forming. Seeing my frown, he smirks, "I'll go talk to the doctor, see if there's anything else I can do".

With that, he winks and walks out of the room.

This guy

*

"You know you shouldn't work so much..your health is very important. More important than your job", Nathan says later that day after my discharge from the hospital, on the condition that I'd take things slow the next few days.

I scoff and kept my gaze out the window

"Alexa, I said I was sorry and--"

"You were way out of line", I roll my eyes "I got it", i groan.

"I--"

"Just let me off here Nathan, I need some groceries". He sighs and makes a sharp turn. As soon as he parks the car, I get out.

"Go home. I'll take a cab"

I ignore whatever it is he has to say and enter the store.

Few minutes later, after I'm done grocery shopping, Nathan's still waiting for me and when I ignore him and walked in the opposite direction, he jogs after me and blocks my way.

"Leave me alone Nathan, I don't want any trouble", I sigh, not meeting his gaze.

"I can't let you take a cab in your condition"

"What condition?!", I yell "...fine I passed out in public so what..what does any of that have to do with you?"

"I can't leave because I care about you!", he replies sounding frustrated and I can tell it took a lot of courage for him to say.

"Is that it?..or is this just you feeling sorry for me again? We already went down that road Nathan don't take us back"

I'm about to walk away when Nathan grabs my arm. "Alexa listen to me--", he cut off by a couple of headlights.

The cars park right in front of us and four men step out of the first car. All are in suits and looking rather serious indeed, well all except the Korean guy walking toward us. He slowed down at the sight of me but nonetheless.