35

Ch. 35

The ride home is quiet just the way I need it to be, and it would've have stayed that way if Nathan hadn't decided to ruin it.

"Ally...I'm so sorry"

"For what?...the dinner or the Ivy part?", I ask, still keeping my gaze out the window. He sighs and reaches for my chin.

"Just --don't, please"

"Ally.."

"I don't think I want to hear it..I've had enough for one night", I blink back tears and take out my cellphone.

I have no idea what to do with it, I just need the distraction. "I just want to go home"

"I'll be traveling for the Miami convention tomorrow morning", Nathan says, shortly before Tristan pulls up.."I'll be gone for a few days"

I sigh and release my hair, "Good luck"

I get out of the car before Tristan has the chance to open the door.

"Ally..", Nathan calls after me. I stop but I don't turn around

"I love you"

I sniff and whip the tear that roll down my cheek without a word. I'm waiting at the elevator when my cellphone vibrates. It's an unknown number and judging from my mood, I reject it.

______________

I spent my entire Sunday indoors, received so many calls but didn't answer any one of them. I didn't bother going back to my apartment so I just stayed at my dad's house since no one lives there anyway.

Monday at work was a totally different story, I looked really bad when I arrived, Blair even had to fix me up herself. 

I passed Ivy several times in the hallway and she'd just smirk at me and keep walking. Ryder had to pull me back when I almost lunged myself at her. As sorry and pitiful as it sounds, I developed a fever from all the brooding I'd been doing all week.

It's Thursday and I feel a lot better but Blair wouldn't let me at work. I receive a surprise later that evening while I'm having dinner. Blair, Ava and Candie arrive at the apartment.

"What are you guys doing here?", I ask as I open the door.

"We came to make sure you were okay..we were worried about you. Candice told us what happened at her house", Ava says as she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Oh..", I chuckle softly. "You guys didn't have to come"

"Are you kidding you've been totally off your game all week"

I look at each worried gaze and smile, "I'm fine guys really..come on in"

As I shut the door Ava gets a phone call.

"Who was it?", Blair asks

"It was Jay, he said I should switch on the TV", she replies, confused.

I'm in the dining area, putting on some tea.

"That is a lot of reporters..wait is that---",

I narrow my gaze, trying to remember where I'd seen the building before...the headline of the news read:

Ashton McCoy in Scandal

"What?", Blair blinks.

I slowly lower myself on the couch and just listen to the reporter speak in details about the story right before a picture of the lady and little boy appears on the screen and as unsurprising as the whole thing is, she's a Korean lady. Ava switches off the television and they all gather around.