#70 We'll Keep Running

It was scorching hot that day, hotter then any other heat you had ever endured. Your group, group A, sat under a large pile of rocks and cars, hiding from the sun. 

You wiped the sweat off of your forehead, huffing and puffing tiredly. You were exhausted; you had all walked for countless hours, hardly ever stopping. 

Your boyfriend Newt, who was sitting in front of you, leaned his head back; pushing his body into the cold stone. "Its too bloody hot" He sighed.

Thomas and Teresa were outside, standing on the top of a hill and looking out. Newt sat up and pushed his body up and off the ground with his left hand. "Hows it looking up there?" He yelled to Thomas. 

"uh- good!" thomas yelled back with a faint voice. 

Newt looked back at you and at the rest of group A. "well that's not very convincing." He said sitting down again, but this time beside you.

You chuckled and laughed at his sassy remark. You hadn't heard any humor in forever so even the slightest bit of sarcasm could throw you off.

He sighed, running his fingers thru his sweaty wet hair. He picked up his water bottle and tipped it over into his mouth, trying to sip out the last drop of water.  

"here..." You then handed him your water bottle from earlier and smiled kindly. 

"No- no you're gonna need it" He shook his head, refusing to take a sip. 

"but you need it know, and its practically full anyways" You shrugged.

"...." He then unscrewed the top and took a large gulp of the water, then he pulled away and breathed deeply. "you alright?" He looked at you, eyeing you up and down and admiring you.

"fine..." You shrugged and stared at the broken up car in front of you. 

"You're lying." He turned his body to face you and he sat with his legs crossed. "Talk to me" 

"Newt, i'm fine..." You shook your head and looked at him slightly. 

"y/n...."

You sighed, looking away and looking down. "I'm just-.... im tired"

"i am to-"

You cut him off from speaking. "no.... im tired of running." You looked up at him, Your eyes locking in the same glance. "I'm never going to have a family, i'll never be able to get married or have children. Its not possible, not in this environment, not in this life" 

He stared at you, thinking about all the things you said then he looked down and fiddled with his fingers. "Its not impossible.... we'll get out." He looked up. "We'll get out together."

"Newt i-"

"no, stop. You cant say that you wont have a family, i'm here. I've always been here. I've never left." He spoke strictly. "and if you cant get married then i wont get married and if you cant have children then i wont have children. You're the one i want to marry, you're the one i want to build a life with.. After all of this" He gestured to the world around you "Is over.." He kept his eyes locked with yours. "actually, fuck that. I want to start a life with you now, i want to marry you now. marriage is no longer about the rings or the paperwork, it doesn't work that way anymore. So marry me, just say you'll marry me. and when we're out, when we're okay, we can be together. I don't want to die knowing that i didn't ask you to love me forever. Because i promise that i'll love you forever. I will keep running, and i wont stop until the both of us are out." 

by that time, tears lined your eyes and you nodded. "o-okay.." You smiled thru your tears. "I-i'll marry you.. i love you" You sniffled.

"I love you too." He said sighing of relief and pulling you closer, into his arms. He hugged you tightly and kissed the top of your head. 

You were gonna keep running

for him

_____________

Tht was cheesy and idk how i feel about it

lmao 

oops