Chapter 32

My eyes open at the sound of bloody murder. I blink several times to notice that it's Rain.

Sam rolls off his back. "I think she's hungry."

I nod, having not slept enough the past few days and staying awake throughout the night has become the death of me.

Sam picks Rain up and moves her gently from side to side. It takes less than a minute for Rain to go quiet again.

I tilt my head. "Does that mean she isn't hungry?"

Sam shakes his head. "How am I supposed to know," he whispers.

"Because you're her father."

Sam just stares at me. "Then what are you?" He says. "Aren't you her mother too."

I shake my head. "I'm not good with the baby thing, okay."

Sam smiles. "Go rest, hun. I'll make sure she's okay."

I blink several times and go back to bed as Sam walks out of the bedroom with Rain.

---------------

I roll over to notice Sam holding his hand as if to stop me. Rain is lying on the bed with us.

"Careful," he whispers.

Rain kicks her delicate leg in the air while asleep and proceeds to rub her hands against her face.

Sam holds her hands away from her face. "Mittens," I say.

Sam stretches over and grabs the mittens and puts them over her hands.

"Why'd you unwrap her?" I ask.

"She refuses to go sleep otherwise."

I peek over Sam's shoulder to notice it's seven in the morning. Although I'm running on about two hours sleep, I pull myself up and force myself out of bed.

We have the house alone. Everyone left to give Sam and I some time alone to adjust to things and now the house feels empty without them.

Bianca is staying over at Max's despite her refusing countless times. Eventually Max was able to convince her that it was okay because they're a couple now.

I hop in the shower and wash my body. The idea that this is my family scares me but I'm thankful because we're all okay and that's all that matters.

I hear the tap turn on so I stick my head out the glass door of the shower. "What are you doing?"

Sam turns before whistling. "Looking hot."

I stare down to notice that my body is on display so I pull myself back in and just stick my head out, the foggy glass hiding my body.

Sam laughs. "I've seen you naked before," he says lifting Rain up. "That's kinda how we made this little one."

I roll my eyes. "So?"

"Just filling the baby tub so I can wash Rain."

I smile. "You're washing Rain."

He lifts his eyebrow. "Why not? That's kind of what fathers do."

"I just thought the whole nappy changing and showering thing creeped men out."

"Well I can't speak for other men but I'm going to do it all. After all, she's my daughter."

I turn around and shove my head back into the shower and under the hot stream of water. A huge grin spreading over my face. I just love how enthusiastic Sam is about our baby, how much love he has for Rain. He's the perfect father.

I lather up the soap as I run it across my body.

"And that's your tiny little feet," Sam says.

I can hear him talking to Rain in the bathroom as he washes her.

"Let me just scrub your belly."

I hold my breath trying to hold the laughter in. Even I don't do that and it's not something I ever imagined a guy like Sam to do.

I stand under the stream of water as the soap runs down my body and washes off.

When I'm cleaned, I reach over by the door where my towel usually hangs and it's not there. I stretch a little further once more but all I feel is the hook.

I stick my head out and the towel isn't there. It must be in the bedroom. I slowly push the door open and notice Sam and Rain aren't in the bathroom. He must've finished washing her.

I tilt to the side, and look around for my towel or any towel but there isn't a single towel. I don't like standing naked in the bathroom.

I bend down to the cupboard but all our spare towels are gone.

"Looking for this," Sam says holding my towel up.

My hands immediately go to my chest and I try to cover my private parts. "Give it back."

Sam smiles. "Come and get it."

The idea of being completely naked, even in front of my husband scares me. I've never felt confident enough.

"Sam, please," I beg.

He takes a step forward and I watch him reach the towel out for me. "If you want it then reach out and get it."

I take another step in his direction and he does the same. I quickly move my hand from my chest and reach for the towel. I even get a hold of it but Sam pulls the towel and my body twists and slams against him.

He wraps his hand around my hip and leans in to whisper into my ear. "You look really good naked. You should stop hiding your body."

I blush at the comment and tilt my head down so he doesn't see. I grab for the towel again but Sam turns me and presses my back against the wall. He throws the towel into the bedroom and runs his hand down my body.

"Tell me when to stop," he whispers against my ear.

My body melts forward against his touch as I lean into him. He knows exactly how to make me weak at the knees and he's doing exactly that and because it feels too damn good, I can't stop it.

His hands reach my thigh and I let off a moan.
I blush further because nothing has happened yet and I'm already so weak. He lifts his shirt over his head and it drops on the floor.

I swallow as I look down at his bare chest. The perfect abs. The perfect tan. Muscles and fit. He's too good and even he knows that.

He presses his body against mine and I close my eyes. "My towel, Sam."

"I don't think you need it," he says seductively.

I open my eyes to notice that his chest is wet because he's pressed against me and the water dripping from my hair falls over his shoulders.

His hand rests on my hips as he kisses the side of my neck, forcing me to tilt my head in pleasure. I rest my hand on his chest while his lips travel up to my lips. He kisses me heavily, and I respond back like I'm desperate for it. I work my mouth and tongue against him, almost forgetting I'm standing there naked with Sam shirtless.

When I pull back to catch my breath, I notice Sam staring into my eyes. I hold his stare until his eyes travel down my naked body.

I take a deep breath. "Rain," I say.

Sam runs his hand through my wet hair then pulls me close. "She's okay and sleeping peacefully," he whispers.

He unzips his pants and let's it fall down. My mind spins and I close my eyes.

He leans in, I can feel his breath against my ear. "I love you."