Chapter 33

She wraps her delicate fingers around my finger and a huge grin appears on her face. My heart stops for a moment. This is what they meant when they said being a mother is the best feeling in the world.

Rain attempts to pull at my finger even though I'm sure she has no idea she's doing it. It's practically useless but I inch my hand closer to her as if she was successful at pulling my finger.

A cough draws my attention to the door of the baby's room. Sam stands there watching me.

"How is she?" He asks.

I smile. "She seems okay."

"After last night, are you sure?"

"Rick says she's fine."

Sam wraps an arm around my back as he leans against the crib to look at Rain.

Rain immediately lets go of my finger and attempts to grab Sam's.

A look of shock registers on my face. "She didn't just do that."

Sam smirks. "She's already growing up to be daddy's girl."

I watch as she finally grabs hold of Sam's finger and by the look on Sam's face, I can tell he's ecstatic. He loves being a father and even more than that, he loves Rain to no end.

Sam leans forward to whisper in my ear. "Wouldn't it be nice if Rain had a brother."

My jaw almost drops. "What! Of course not. I just had a baby."

Sam smirks. "You look cute when you panic."

I smack his shoulder as I turn to leave the room. "You have fun with your daughter who apparently is going to grow up and be daddy's girl."

When I get to the stairs, the sound of doorbell draws my attention. Usually security checks them at the gate before letting them in. Security would notify us.

I jog down the stairs once the doorbell goes off again and get to the front door. The doorbell goes off again before I swing the door open.

A guy stands there with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. "This is for you, ma'am."

I grab the bouquet before thanking him and place it by the front door table. I pull at the tag to see who it's from.

A huge smile appears on my face when I notice it's from Sam and that's exactly when I see him standing by the hallway.

"Oh my god, Sam! It's so gorgeous," I say as I pull him into a hug.

His hands wrap around my back. "You like them?"

"I love them. Thank you."

Sam squeezes my hip before letting me go.

"What occasion are these for?" I ask.

Sam smirks. "Do I really need an occasion to surprise my wife?"

"No," I say shaking my head. "Not really."

Sam leans in to kiss me, his hands wrapping around my back. I grab his face as i guide his lips against mine. Before I know it, Sam grabs me, raising my legs off the ground and wrapping them around his back.

He presses my back against the wall as he kisses me harder. I run my hands down his shirt, his abs noticeable even under the shirt.

I fist his shirt into my hands as I pull him closer, my legs still wrapped around him. That's when the sound of Rain crying stops me.

"Argh," I say. "It was just getting good."

Sam lifts an eyebrow. "We can always continue."

I walking up the stairs as Sam goes into the living room. Rain continues to cry, and being a new mum and so sympathetic, I practically run into her room to make sure she's okay.

I hold my breath when I realise why she's crying. The room smells and she most likely needs her nappy changed.

I hold my shirt up to my nose. "Sam!" I shout. "I think I need your help."

When Sam gets upstairs, he looks back and forth between Rain and I. "It's never smelt that bad before," he says as he also lifts his shirt to his face.

"That's why I need help."

Sam walks over to the cupboard and pulls a nappy out. I grab Rain's legs and lift them up.

"When I pull the nappy down, you wipe," I say. "Okay?"

Sam nods.

I quickly pull the nappy down, the smell covering my nostrils. I make a gagging noise as Sam wipes her bottom.

"Oh my god!" I shout. "Sam get the bin."

"But I'm wiping."

Rain giggles as if it's funny. "Sam, hurry."

Sam turns and quickly grabs the bin from the corner of the room. The tissues and the nappy go in the bin as I wrap a new nappy around her bottom.

Sam laughs. "Didn't think this was our life but apparently it is."

I grin. "Rain seems to enjoy it."

"Well obviously, she's getting the pamper treatment."