Epilogue

"Oh my god!" I shout. "Sam, hurry. Rain is crawling."

"Stall her, I'm coming."

I look around. "Okay dear Rain, you're going to have to stop crawling for a second."

Rain stares at me, bats her eyelids and continues to crawl.

I hear Sam running down the stairs and when he gets to the living room, Rain is laying on the carpet.

"I asked you to stall her."

I laugh. "What was I going to do...push her?"

Sam grabs Rain's delicate hand. "Think you can do that again for daddy."

She blinks before pulling her hand away.

Sam stands up and walks to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee.

I watch Rain who watches Sam waking into the kitchen before she presses her legs across the ground and pushes herself into a crawling position.

My mouth drops open. Did she just wait until Sam was gone to do that?

I watch her crawl and notice several times that her eyes go to the kitchen.

"Sam!" I shout again. "She's crawling again."

I hear Sam shout something but what he says is unclear. It takes less then ten seconds before he's out the kitchen door and by Rain's side.

This time Rain is in a crawling position but she isn't crawling.

"I think she's doing it purposely," I say.

Sam picks Rain up from the ground and places a kiss on her soft, delicate cheek. A smile spreads across Rain's face and she protests to be put on the floor.

Sam puts her back down before she begins to crawl almost immediately. I pull my phone out to film her crawling while Sam watches in surprise.

"Maybe all she needed was a hug and a kiss," I say.

Sam nods. "Maybe so."

Rain crawls over to the end table by the couch and bumps it. The vase on top shakes before it hits the ground. Sam immediately picks Rain up so the shards of glass don't hurt her and I close my eyes.

"Looks like she's going to grow up being like her mother," Sam says while laughing.

I push him gently. "Not funny."

"She's already getting practice."

I roll my eyes. "Remind me why we have so many vases at home."

Sam smiles. "So you can break them," he says. "I actually quite like it when you do."

I cough. "You're weird."

Rain giggles softly pulling our attention to her. "Promise me Rain, that that will be the last vase you ever break."

Sam smirks.

"What?"

"That might be the last vase she breaks but it'll definitely not be the last vase you break."

As I walk over to him, I step on his feet. He jumps from the impact, but continues to smirk.