Chapter 18

*1 month later*

My hand reaches for Sam against the bed but all I get are bedsheets. I force my eyes open to notice he isn't there.

The chill of the air raises goosebumps against my skin making me rub my arms to create some heat.

I grab a silk robe and put it on as I head downstairs. The smell of sweetness and sugar fills the hallway. I smile as I walk towards the kitchen.

Sam stands there shirtless flipping pancakes. It's hard to say that is not a turn on but since I'm slightly more pregnant, all the naughty thoughts don't have much room for reality.

When he notices me by the door he smiles, lifting the pan up. "Pancakes?"

I nod, rubbing my hands together. "Yes, please."

He gives me a quick kiss before setting out a plate on the kitchen island and loading it up with pancakes. He slides the bottle of maple syrup over.

I stare at his chiselled chest, the way his biceps peck as he flips the pancakes and how he looks so damn good cooking pancakes.

I shake my head, wiping the thought as I squeeze the maple syrup over my pancakes. The smell is divine.

After finishing my plate, I slide it over the bench for more. "Aren't you going to eat?" I ask.

He smiles. "Of course, after I cook you some."

I get off the chair walking over to him and grab the few that he did cook and drag his hand to sit next to me and eat. "Together," I say.

He doesn't hesitate and gives me a kiss before rubbing my belly. "Of course."

When we finish the pancakes, Sam gives my hand a squeeze and lifts me up from the chair, forcing me to the coach on the living room as he leans in.

"I've wanted to do this all morning," he whispers into my ear as leans on top of me and kisses me.

My hand runs down his back and all those thoughts from the morning come rushing through my mind. I kiss him harder as he presses my back against the couch, his hands reach under my shirt and I gasp from the action. He kisses the side of my cheek, then chin and slides down to my neck. I tilt my head giving him a better angle as I run my hands across his bare chest.

He smiles when he pulls back. "You smell good."

I wink as I sit up. Sam takes a seat besides me and grabs my hand.

"Can't believe we'll be parents soon," he says.

I nod. I'm scared but I have Sam so I'm sure I'll be okay. "You'll be a father."

His smile grows wider. "I want a baby girl."

"Yea?"

"Yea."

"What if it's a boy?"

"I'll still love him more than the world."

I know I shouldn't press it but I do. "More than me?"

He shakes his head. "Never. I could never love anything more than you."

I smile. Is that a horrible thing to do? Should I really be happy? Am I selfish mother? "Good."

I lay my head on his thigh as I stare at the ceiling. Sam has his hand on my pronounced belly. It feels good when he rubs it gently. I get a current all over my body.

"I love you," I say quietly.

He winks. "Just I love you?"

I smirk. "I love you, dammit."

He leans down to kiss me before whispering "I love you too, dammit," against my lips.

A knock on the door draws our attention. Our butler opens the door to reveal Dale.

He walks in and places a document on the table. "It's done, sir. I've sold her company and donated the money to charity."

Dale coughs as if trying to get Sam's attention. He tries signalling something at Sam. The whole motion is weird.

Sam nods and then thanks him before Dale takes his leave.

When I got hold of Jess' company, I sold it because I didn't want to own anything of hers and decided to donate the money to charity that way it goes to something helpful.

Since that incident, I have also given Sam's property back to him. He refused countless times but I wanted him to have it. I know he said he trusted me but he worked hard for it and it should be just his.

"Come on," Sam says pulling me up.

"What for?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Just come, you'll see."

He drags me into the car and then blindfolds me. I don't like the idea of being blindfolded but I do trust Sam so I say nothing.

The car starts and Sam squeezes my hand while I hold onto him as if my life depends on it. Having my eyes closed scares me. I don't know why but it does.

The car comes to a sudden stop and I notice Sam starts breathing again as if he'd been holding his breath this whole time.

"We're here," he says.

I nod and Sam helps me get out of the car. He holds my hand and guides me a few steps forward before taking my blindfold off.

I rub my eyes as they adjust to the light to see s big sign against the building next to Sam's. 'Violet Co' it reads and in small fonts underneath that it says 'in association with Anderson's Corporation'

"What is this?" I say in surprise.

"Your company," Sam replies. "You finally have your own company. You can run it anyway you like."

The building is black with gold accents. It's gorgeous and looks incredibly fancy.

I point at the little section of the building that connects to Sam's building. "What's that?"

Sam smirks. "That's where your office is and that tube that goes across goes to my office. It's so we can meet without having to leave the building."

I laugh. "Or so you can distract me."

He winks as he leans in. "Maybe it's so I can give you a kiss when I miss you," he whispers into my ear.