Chapter 20

Bianca stays over the two weeks. She stays in one of the guest bedrooms. Black bedsheets followed with an accent of gold. A few silver and gold pillows laid against the bed.

She practically throws herself over the bed when I walk in.

"I slept so well, and my gosh is this bed gorgeous," she says as she rubs her cheeks against the pillow.

I smile. "I'm glad you think so," I reply. "Breakfast is ready, make your way downstairs."

I turn and leave as Bianca drops her head back down against the pillow and puffs the hair out of her face.

I hold the railing because the image of me slipping goes through my mind and that's the last things need.

I'm wearing a white, cream and red floral skirt with a white tank top tucked in followed by red sandals. They flop as they hit the ground making a thumping noise.

Sam pours me a glass of watermelon juice as I apply jam on my bread.

Sam holds up the jar of Vegemite. "No Vegemite today?"

I shake my head. "It makes me sick. I haven't had it for a few days. Baby is messing with all sorts of things."

Sam nods as he sounds more bread over.

Bianca, her happy self, practically hops down the stairs. She makes her way over to the dining table.

I whistle to tease her. "Are you meeting Asher today?"

She shakes her head. "No, why?"

I point at her outfit. "That slit in your skirt begs to differ."

Bianca wears a military green maxi skirt with a slit that stops just short of revealing too much. She has a black sleeveless crop top that reveals a bit of her stomach.

Sam laughs. "She's got a point."

Bianca shakes her head. "Guys, stop it. I always dress like this."

Sam pulls the seat out for her. "No wonder Asher went for you in the first place."

She frowns. "That's just mean."

I giggle. "We're just messing with you. You look good."

She punches Sam's shoulder before giving me a death stare and pulling toast onto her plate.

The conversation goes in all directions. Somewhere in between it all, we talk about Asher, my new business and even our baby.

I squeeze Sam's hand under the table as he grabs an apple from the fruit basket.

"You have a checkup tomorrow. Don't forget," Sam reminds me.

I take a deep breath. Two checkups tomorrow. One to make sure that my treatment hasn't affected the baby and secondly to make sure I'm okay and still clear of cancer. It hasn't been long but Sam worries and I don't like seeing him that way.

I'm not really concerned about myself but the idea of something happening to our baby scares me. My hand automatically raises to my belly as I rub it. There's still a long way to go that I feel like I should be calm but maybe things are okay now but change in the future.

What if the doctor says the baby is okay? But somehow down the line they're not. I feel like I can't rest even for a second nor can I relax because being okay now might not mean the same thing in the future for my baby.

Sam's face turns into a soft frown when he sees my expression, like he knows what I'm thinking about. He kisses me lightly on the cheek for reassurance.

When breakfast is done, the butler cleans the table and takes everything back to the kitchen. Bianca decides to help despite being told that she doesn't have to. She's always been like that. The kind that won't take no for an answer.

"You okay?"

I smile when I hear Sam's voice. My hands wrap around him as I pull him in for a hug. "Nervous," I reply.

I can feel him nodding against my body. "Of course," he says softly. "But everything will be fine."

I kiss him carefully. Nothing strong or fierce because my energy is drained. Though I hold on for a minute like it's all the love I need to carry on. I smile. "I'm all good now."

Rick hands my report. "You should take these in tomorrow."

I frown. "Why can Rick just check everything?"

Sam hugs me tighter. "Because this is a house, not a hospital. We don't have every equipment out there."

When a flash draws our attention in the direction of the light, I see Bianca standing across the room with a camera in her hand. "Sorry," she says. "I kind of ruined the moment, didn't I?"

Sam nods. "Yep, pretty much."

She tilts her head to the side. "My bad, I really just thought you guys looked cute hugging and all so I took a photo."

I smile. "I want a copy of that."

Bianca nods as she bends her knees and waves her hand. "Of course, your majesty."