Chapter 21 - Sam's Point of View

*Sam's Point of View*

"We're here," my driver instructs us.

"Are you ready?" I ask Violet.

She takes a deep breath. Colour almost lost from her face. "Yes...I think."

Bianca squeezes her hand. "You'll be okay, I just know it."

We exit the car in front of the hospital as we make our way inside. There's a long entrance, followed by doors on both the left and right side of the long walkway and a receptionist desk right at the end of the entrance. There is two receptionists there and on the right of the reception desk is the waiting room. There's also a staircase to the other levels and a lift beside it.

Bianca smiles when she looks down at her phone. "It's Asher. You guys go, I'll be outside taking this call. I'll meet you guys inside when I'm done."

Violet nods as she grabs a hold of my hand. Her fingers lacing with mine as if to tell me that I should never let her go. That I should always be by her side.

I instruct her to take a seat as I walk over to the receptionist.

She taps at her keyboard and finally looks up when she notices me. "How may I help you?"

I hand her the paper. "My wife has a check up. Violet Jones Anderson."

The receptionist taps a few times before scanning the screen and then looking at the paper I had given her. "Uh yes, Doctor Philips will see you soon. Please take a seat."

I take a seat beside Violet who by the looks of it will pass out any minute. She hates hospitals and doctors. They creep her out and the whole scenery creates an uneasy feeling.

The minutes pass and Vi turns to face me. "Bianca has taken her time."

I nod which is weird. She should've been here by now. "I'll go check up on her," I say.

I know I shouldn't be worried, there was security outside with her but the nerves are kicking in. Anyone who associates with me is technically always at risk and that idea scares me.

I turn to look at Violet who smiles.

When I get outside, my security guards are no where to be seen. I walk over to the edge when something hard comes in contact with my shoe. It takes less then a second to realise that it's Bianca's phone. The screen is heavily smashed.

I pick it up and look at the screen but it's only then that my heart feels like it's on fire. Besides my shoe is a small splatter of blood. Enough for people not to question it at a place like a hospital but for someone like me...I know it's bad news.

When I turn round the corner my eyes fall on my guards who are sitting by the bricked wall.

"What the hell!" I yell. "Where the hell is Bianca?"

They immediately stand up, the relaxed expression from their face gone. "She's round the corner and on the phone."

I wave the phone in the air. "She isn't there and I found this," I say through gritted teeth. "You better find her now and make sure nothing has happened."

My wife is inside and if I tell her that I believe something has happened to Bianca then she will most certainly freak out. I can't walk away though, I need to find her but then once again, I can't leave Vi to go to the check up alone.

I check her phone. Last call, Asher. I dial his number and he immediately picks up.

"Hey, Bi."

"It's Sam Anderson. Bianca's friend. I need to know whether you heard anything strange when she called you."

"No, of course not. Why?"

I shake my head in frustration. "Nothing at all?"

"You're scaring me. Did something happen?"

I take a deep breath. "No, don't worry about it."

I hang up immediately. His voice sounds familiar. Where have I heard it before?

Asher calls again but I disconnect stashing the phone in my pocket. I look around watching carefully for every little thing. The movement of leaves on a tree. People walking past. Cars parking. Wheelchairs. The buildings near by. The sound of anything strange.

My tongue feels dry when I notice the small, cream coloured scarf on the ground. The one Bianca was wearing. It's dumped by the side of the bush. When I step closer, the blood on it makes me realise that this is something serious. It's still wet.

My eyes scan the nearby areas and I go in high alert.

Violet rings my phone and I don't know if I should pick it up. I don't want her in the hospital. "Baby, listen to me carefully. Come out now. Forget about your appointment, we'll deal with that later but there is an emergency."

She hangs up straight away knowing it must be serious. It's not the first time she's received a call like this from me.

Two minutes later she's by my side. "What happened?"

I show her the scarf and she goes paler than she was before.

"Something has happened. I want you to get in the car with the security guards and lock the door. Then call for more back up."

She leans in and kisses my lips quickly before turning and heading towards the car with security.

She turns last second and mouths "save her. Don't let anything happen to Bi."

I nod because I can't seem to form words.

I watch carefully as I leave the carpark and exit onto the road. I stop in my steps when my eyes go to the building besides the hospital. The music shop. I can see someone getting dragged and I don't have to look twice to know it's Bianca.

I turn and run towards the building. Sixth floor. I counted the sixth floor. When I get to the fifth, the man there stops me.

"Sorry sir, sixth floor is for employees only."

I give him a pissed off look. "I don't have time. Scan your card and let me go in."

He shakes his head.

I pull my wallet out and slam a stash of cash into his hand. Roughly a couple thousand dollars.

He smiles. "But only for a few minutes."

He scans his card and i get in the lift. I practically run out when it stops at the sixth floor. I scan the place. The gun feeling rather heavy in my pocket. I run over what I saw. It definitely was the sixth floor and it definitely was Bianca.

My head spins. There's an underground carpark. I run to the lift and then go down to ground floor where I take the stairs down to the carpark.

I can see Bianca being forced into a car as she attempts to kick the men with the black balaclavas. Her face turns when she notices me. "Sam!" She shouts.

My heart stops but I make a run for it towards the car.

I can see tears run down her face as they try to shove her into the car. She grabs for the balaclava in an attempt to pull it off.

The cars engine starts as they pull her by her hair to get her in the car. She puts up a fight and at one point knocks the one of the guys back.

"Help!" She screams as I get close to the car.

I can see her hair wet with blood. Her hair just pressed messily to one side of her head and held in place by the wet blood.

That's when I notice someone else struggling beside her. I don't see who it is but I see the men with the balaclavas push his feet in.

I get close to the car as they pull Bianca in before she shouts "Max!"

That's when my legs stop working and I fall to the ground.