Chapter 30

The morning arrives, and what seems like infinity hours later. Sam still hasn't arrived from leaving last night. I haven't sleep because of it and no amount of phone calls will tell me what's going on because he hasn't picked up. It's only four thirty in the morning but there's no point laying in bed if I can't sleep.

I get off the bed and change into a pair of denim jeans and a white t-shirt tucked in.

The pounding on my door draws my attention. It's loud and everyone else is asleep. I don't want them waking up, especially Bianca and Max.

I open the door to notice Rick panicked. "Come downstairs now," he says before dragging me by the arm, not giving me time to question why.

It's when we get downstairs that I notice someone being dragged by two men into Rick's emergency room.

My heart pounds when I notice it's Sam. I attempt to run but Rick grabs my hand. "No running, you're pregnant."

"Oh my god! What happened to him?"

I follow Rick into the emergency room as he turns to face me. "His driver lost control of the car on the way back home. His car tumbled forward off the side of the bridge."

My mouth opens in shock. "Is he okay?"

Rick thanks the men and turns back. "He'll be okay."

I notice his pants are ripped where the knee area is and a massive cut across his shirt, tinting it red with blood. His forehead has a scratch as well but other than that he seems okay, well besides the fact that he is unconscious.

"And our driver?"

Rick turns to face me. "He is perfectly fine. Not a single scratch," Rick says as he closes the door before whispering "I'd check him out. For the kind of accident that your driver was in, it's impossible to go by unscathed."

I shake my head. "You're saying he could've done it purposely."

Rick nods. "That's exactly what I'm saying."

My head spins at the idea. He sends me out so that he can make sure Sam is okay.

"How is sir?"

I turn to watch our driver behind me. "I don't know," I say although Rick said for the most part that Sam would be fine.

"What happened last night?"

"Sir talked to the police and addressed the fact that that one guy was to also get extra time for rape."

I nod. "And did he?"

"Yes."

I watch him carefully because if something else is going to happen, I need to know. "Then what happened?"

"We were driving back and suddenly a car swivelled in front of us and in order not to crush into it, I moved to the side and tumbled off the side of the bridge."

I nod. "Go get some rest."

I go upstairs and notify Daniel of the situation. I can trust him with the news.

-------------

Sam smiles when I walk in which forces a smile on my face despite not being in the mood for it.

"You look good," I say because he does. It's as if nothing happened to him.

"That's cause I saw you."

I smirk. "Flirting with me?"

"Got a problem?"

I shake my head as I sit beside him and pull him in a hug.