✔️Chapter 8: A New Friend

Aliana's POV

"N-no way. There's no way they could be dead! Is this some sort of your stupid pranks again, Ariana? Tell me!" I yelled at my guilty-looking sister, who was probably taking aback or regretting what she said.

I mean, mom and dad are already dead? No, it's impossible! How could they die if I don't have any possible idea that they died! It must've been in The Oklahoma Street newspaper the whole time in the obituary section!

"You must be out if your mind." I muttered as I squeeze my temples; trying to ignore what Ariana said.

She gave me a sympathetic nod and said, "Aliana. I-I'm sorry. I should've told you that earlier. I didn't know what to say... I didn't know what to do and I-" then I cut her off.

"You should have told me." I whispered as I turn away from her and grabbed my bag.

"Wait, where are you going?" Ariana asked me with concern as I look at her; tears already forming in my eyes. "Home, obviously."

_

"UGH!" I grunted loudly as I opened the door of my house. I mean, Sam's house. Whatever.

I went to my bedroom as soon as possible and slammed the door shut. I plopped down at my bed, trying to clear things up. Can life be any harder?

Lightbulb! I grabbed my phone from my muddled-up bag and started calling Kaye, to kill boredom. I called her and after 6 dials, she answered.

Kaye: Pizza delivery. Pick up or delivery?

Me: Kaye, I know it's you! Can you be at my house? I'm kinda bored and I wanna tell you something.

Kaye: Sorry, there are no kind of pizza you wanted to tell me. What do you want, anyway? Pepperoni, Hawaiian, Bacon 'n Cheese, 3 cheese, Meat Overload, Vegetarian Frenzy, Thin Crust, Pineapp-

Me: Shush with those! I need you to come okay?!

Kaye: Can't you see I'm trying to be a pizza delivery girl here? Okay , you sound serious so I won't fuss. I'll be there in 15.

Me: Thank you. Bye pizza delivery girl.

Kaye: Okay.

Me: Okay.

Kaye: Okay.

Me: Okay.

Kaye: Okay.

Me: Okay!

Kaye: Okay.

Me: OKAY!

Kaye: Okay.

Me: UGGHHHH.....!

Kaye: Ok-

Then it was me who hung up. Kaye could be stupid at some times, but I love her. She's my sistah. She knows me more than Ariana.

I walked up to the kitchen and saw Sam cooking something for supper. I look up at her and saw her boiling some linguine pasta. I decided to bolt into her. I tiptoed to her back as I was getting nearer... and nearer... and near-

"Ali. Don't even think about it." Sam interjected as I slump back and walk towards her right.

"Pasta? Since when did you learn how to cook pasta?" I asked her as she opened up, "Since birth. Cuz I'm lazy and pasta's easy."