➰ Chapter 28: Brinks of Hell

Aliana's POV

My eyes bolt open and groaned as I felt the pang of pain just on the side of my head. I wince at the constant strikes of pain as I tried to move, but it was no use. I was bound and I was weak, there was no way that I could even stay awake. But of course, insufferably, I am awake. I was awaken by the memory of my birthday party, the simple yet overwhelming memory between me and my friends.

Wait, where am I?

I see myself lying on a comfortable bed, but a cannula was resting on my nostrils as I see different kinds of wires attatched to me. Then I squinted my eyes by the sudden amount of light when I looked up.

So, I am at the hospital, huh?

No one was inside the hospital room but me, and I think it's way past midnight. Okay, I'm all alone with the sound of oxygen radiating. I can't even call the nurses because moving is painful. It's like I haven't waken up for weeks!

I was about to fall asleep when I suddenly heard the door open. I saw a familiar brunette while I pretend to be asleep, trying not to let my face twitch.

"Hey Aliana," she says. "It's been almost half a year since you haven't woke up. I have faith in you. Please wake up, I miss talking to you. A load of shit happened."

WHAT. IVE BEEN ASLEEP FOR ALMOST HALF A YEAR?

I open my eyes as I see her. Her head was on her knees so she can't see me awake. But I know her voice.

Kaye!

"H-hey," I managed to croak out, despite of my scratchy throat while her head snapped up, her eyes widening. She rubbed it once. Twice. Then she pinched herself as she winced and squealed.

I chuckled. Typical Kaye.

Kaye's eyes suddenly watered as she took hold of my pale, oxygenated hand. "Y-you're awake!"

I smiled. "I think I am, doofus."

She stood up and instantly hugged me as I hug her back, never minding the pain shooting on my head. "I thought you aren't going to wake up." She cries as she returns to her chair.

"What time is it?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

Kaye took a look at her watch. "It's 3:27 in the morning."

"Why aren't you asleep?"

"Well, I kept on thinking about you and it's my night to guard you."

"Oh, so how's life? How's everything? What actually happened?"

Kaye bit her lip. "Lots of things happened after you got a coma. Anyway, you're in a coma because of Greyson and Cole's fight on your birthday. You tried to protect Cole getting smashed by a vase on his head, so instead of him being here, you are here."

"That's why my head hurts." I mutter.

"Do you want me to go call the doctor?"

"No, no. Just get me an ice pack and fill me in what happened while I'm gone."

Kaye fished an ice pack from the refrigerator and handed it to me. "Well there are a lot of good things, but also bad,"

"Spill the beans."

"Ariana is now back on her world tour in Asia, and she's a little bit out of the singing spirit because of what happened to you. She was forced to go back in the world tour. But she made sure to visit every once in a month."

"But is she fine?"

"Yeah, she is. She's doing fine because of Big Sean, and her fans supported you and her. And her head is partly-shaved, you know? Anyway, the fans and the media were all devastated when they heard the news, so they hunted down Greyson and he's now in jail and would be in Teen Court next week to decide his fate."