Chapter 80 ~Epilogue~

Note: Enjoy!

The sky was a dull painting of watercolor grey; you sat on a bench beside Hiccup where you watched people of Berk rebuilding and repairing their damaged village caused from the treacherous attack of Marcus and his vicious dragon army.

It's been five days since the victory of the battle in the cave and the end of the war between Marcus' dragons. And it's also been five days since the last time you'd seen Jack, you don't really know what's happened to him, and that's been concerning you every day.

"Hey, you cold?" Hiccup asked as he turned to look at you. You were leaning on his shoulder, your head rested of the nook of his neck.

"I'm fine..." you murmured in reply. "I've never really mind the cold..." Because of Jack, you wanted to add, but you decided against it.

"You sure?" his gaze locked on yours. You sighed and nodded. Ever since the conversation that you and Hiccup had five days ago, he's been treating you with so much care, as though he was afraid that you would break like a fragile porcelain statue.

An uncomfortable cough sounded abruptly from behind you two, causing the both of you to jerk your heads back. There, standing behind the bench that you sat, was Astrid, the white bandage that wrapped her injured head-caused by you-was now gone and she was looking as vibrant as the first time you'd saw her.

"Astrid," it was Hiccup who spoke, his eyes darting over to focus on the blonde ahead. "What are you doing here? I thought you were helping Gobber with the new dragon stable?"

"I was, I mean, I am," she said, her calm blue eyes glancing over at you. "But there's something here to see (Y/N)."

"To see me?" you echoed. "Who...?"

Astrid cracked a smile at your response; you had no idea what she found amusing though. "It's an early Christmas present all the way from the North Pole."

Jack. It was the first thing that came to your mind.

The blonde nodded and only then did you realize that you had spoken the winter spirit's name aloud. A light blush rose to your cheeks as you stood up and took in the humiliation.

"Go on," you heard Hiccup say as he held your hand in his. You looked down at him. "I'm sure he misses you. Also, tell him that I said 'Hi'."

You gave him a smile and his hand a tight squeeze. He returned the gesture before you let go of his hand and followed Astrid as she led you the way. Led you to Jack.

❅ ❀ ❆

You trailed hastily behind Astrid as she walked up a rather steep hill. You were breathing hard as your lungs tried to inhale as much air as possible. Your head was kept down, your eyes staring at your feet as you hiked up the grassy land. So it wasn't a surprise that you'd bumped into Astrid when she'd halted in front of you.

She turned around to face you, a sincere smile played on her lips and you felt instantly reassured. "He's over there, under the tree." The blonde beckoned towards the direction where you peeked around her to see a familiar figure below a large oak tree. Jack.

"I'll leave you two to it now," Astrid offered. "And if you need anything, I'll just be down the hill."

"Thank you." You murmured gratefully as she walked back down the hill. You took in a deep breath and moved forward, towards the tree where Jack stood.