Chapter 44

Hiccup stood, staring at the floor, his nonchalant expression giving nothing away by the shocking news that Marcus had just poured on us. Baron didn't seemed as impassive as Hiccup did though, you could visibly see that he was stunned by the news, but not really until a point where falls apart. You, on the other hand, was standing wordlessly against the cool wall.

This new information just doesn't make anything easier, instead, it actually adds up more drama... especially to your confused feelings about these boys... Oh god.

"Wait," Hiccup spoke up, abruptly. He was looking over at Baron who returned his gaze. "What did he meant by getting dragon blood?"

He has a good point. "Yea, what was that all about?" you inquired as well.

Baron's impassive expression became hesitant, and you knew that it was something less than good to discuss about; what was he not telling you all?

"Well, that's the cure," Baron admitted rather sheepishly.

"Really?" your eyes widened at his words.

"Alright then," Hiccup glanced at me. "I think Toothless wouldn't mind giving some of his blood if it meant saving y-"

"There's also something else," Baron added, interrupting Hiccup mid-sentence which he was less than pleased about. "It has to be Diosys' blood."

"Dio-what?" you questioned, more baffled as ever.

Baron parted his lips to explain but Hiccup beat him to it. "Diosys," Hiccup corrected. "It's one of the most deadly yet rarest dragons on earth," he then turned to Baron. "I thought they were extinct."

"Who told you that?" a ghost of a smirk crossed his face and you almost felt yourself smile... almost. "That's what they say in bedtime stories and myths but really, there has to be at least one that's still alive out there. They tend to like living in cold environments."

"Well, it's a good thing we've brought the winter spirit along with us." Hiccup let out a humorless chuckle. He was still shocked from the news... you could tell, you knew him to well... and yet, you still don't really know him. You've only met him a few weeks ago, and you had no idea what happened to his dad and him being chief and all those other things that Marcus mentioned. If truth be told, you don't really know him at all.
Baron gave a tight smile in response before stating, "But if we ever want to even have the chance to find the cure, we might need to find a way to get out of here first..."

Then out of the sudden, the wall that held the chains that bound you burst, forcing all three of you to fall forward onto the hard floor. But luckily, the bricks that made up the wall didn't crush any of you, both Hiccup and Baron were fast enough to duck them and you... with your wounded side that caused fatal side effects, you were positive that you were just really lucky.

When you lifted your head up to see who or what, caused the enormous hole in the wall, your mood immediately perked up. "Jack!" you called out, couldn't help but stifle a grin at the sight of the winter spirit.

He was hanging upside down before jumping down and landed efficiently on his barefoot feet. He swung his wooden staff over his shoulder and smirked.

"Toothless?" you heard Hiccup yelled and moved your gaze over to the side where the familiar Night Fury that flapped his wings all the while sticking a tongue out.

All four of you took a moment to laugh at the dragon's amusing face, then Jack stepped further into the room, his smirk never fading. "Who's ready for a trip to Berk?"