Chapter 55

"So, um," you stammered vaguely, playing with your fingers as you sat on Morgan's back-or shell- as he took you to wherever Jack and Hiccup are. "How... How do you even know that I would be here...?"

Morgan chuckled. "I didn't. It's not every day I get visitors falling from above the ocean, especially not ones as pretty as you."

You rolled your eyes, knowing that he couldn't see you.

"I saw that." He stated, and you're stunned slightly. "How in th...?" you trailed off.

The turtle chuckled again. "Because I'm a saint."

"A turtle saint?" you huffed. "Okay, now you're just being ridiculous!"

"Am I?" he asked, you could hear the laughter in his voice. You smiled.

It's good to smile; the last time you smiled was when you were with Baron... Baron, god! Wh-why...? Why does he keep coming back? Why does he always manage to sneak into your mind even though you tried so hard to push the thought of his aside...?

And that's all it took, the simplest thought of him, that's all it took to break your smile into a frown and you felt your eyes begin to sting once again. I will not cry, you said silently to yourself, I will not cry.

Suddenly, a loud roar erupted through the place, destroying the peaceful atmosphere. And then another... and another.

"What's going on?" you inquired Morgan. "What's that sound? Where's it coming from?"

Morgan seemed to freeze for a moment before finally replying, and even then did he look hesitant. "It's the dragon," he sighed. "He's the only one left of his kind, and, honestly, I wonder why there's still any of his kind left, they're freaking monsters! They're deadly and completely merciless; he'll rip anything into shreds at the sight!"

You sucked in a deep breath; that's the dragon... the dragon that Hiccup and Jack had to get the blood from...

Another loud roar interrupted your train of thought, you flinched vaguely at the deafening volume of it. Morgan seemed to have the same reaction because he stopped just when he reached what looked like a shore made entirely of rocks. "I'm sorry," he began. "I wish I could help you with the rest of your journey, but I can go no further than here, that dragon terrifies me and I have my family to get to."

"Oh." You gave him an acknowledged nod. "You have a family?"

"Yea," he said, a smirk tugging on his edges of his mouth. "What? You thought that an extraordinary specimen like me," he used a flipper to gesture at himself. "Would be single?"

You tried to stifle back a laugh at that.

"Sorry, sweetheart, you're really pretty, but I've got a wife who is gorgeous!" he grinned, rather proudly. "She has the most beautiful and polished shell and flippers so soft that you'd die to touch!"

Okay, this time you really did laughed. Just a bit though, not too loud to insult Morgan or his wife. "She sounds... lovely."

"Oh, you bet she is!" he winked. "Well," he turned around. "I better get going. Good luck, (Y/N)!"

"Thanks!" you said before turning around yourself and headed further onto the stony land.

Minutes had passed before you've finally stumbled upon a cave or some sort. Your eyes widened when you entered; the cave was huge, but more importantly, a dragon twice the size of what the cave looked like from outside stood not more than ten feet away from you.

You felt your limbs paralyzed by fear. But fortunately, the dragon hadn't seemed to notice you yet, you should've taken this opportunity to run, to escape, but your feet were still rooted to the stony ground.

And that's when the dragon saw you, his big, red eyes darting over in your direction and he opened his mouth, reading to breathe fire out and burn you alive. But just as the blow of fire almost caught you, you felt yourself being pulled and hauled away from your direct red, hot death.

You hadn't realized you had been holding a breath until you've released it. You were pulled behind a large rock, and when you looked up, your lips parted to form one, familiar name.

"Jack..."