Chapter 47

Your heavy eyelids fluttered opened and you were instantly greeted to a pair of familiar green eyes. "Hey, (Y/N)." Hiccup spoke, his voice gently caressing your name as though it was something as delicate as china.

You were lying on an unrecognizable bed, and even as the surroundings seemed foreign to you, you could still feel the warmth of familiarity in Hiccup's presence, just the sight of him gave provided you enough comfort to be able to crack a smile. "Hey, Hiccup."

There were faint trails of sunlight shining into the unknown room from above the wall beside you- probably where a small window was located or a few insignificant holes at least- Which meant the shots of sunlight were rarely directed in the perfect angles of the place; but Hiccup sat in the direction just under where the dim rays of light hit and you never thought he'd looked surreal. He seemed like a dream, something you could only build and picture in your mind but you could never grasp in reality...

"How are you?" he inquired, his tone sounded as light as a leaf falling from a branch of a tree in autumn, as gentle as a fragile feather landing on your skin.

You thought about his question for a moment; are you alright? You felt vaguely groggy and your throat felt as dry as the Sahara desert, but the most prominent answer to his enquiry was depended on your wounded side. You reached your hand down and winced before you could even place a finger on the injury, the slightest movements that required the use of your side pained you like a hundred needles stuck into you as though you're a voodoo doll.

"I've been a lot better..." you groaned as you tried to recover from the pain that you'd accidentally inflicted on yourself, resting your arms back by your sides and your head onto the comfy pillow. "How about you?" you turned the conversation towards him, hoping that the distraction of it might take your mind off the unbearable stinging in your side. "How are you dealing with the whole 'Baron's your brother' thing?"

Hiccup hesitated for a split second, running a hand through his shaggy brown hair... Though you've never really thought about the possibility of this before, you could now easily tell that he does share some similarity in looks with Baron; the same shaggy brown hair, the same fair skin, the same bushy yet cute eyebrows, and the same breathtaking emerald eyes... but Baron's include tiny, glistening greyish-blue specks while Hiccup's were golden brown.

Wait, you know the colors of their eyes, you know the color of Jack's eyes... you haven't realized how much observation you'd made on these three boys during the time you've spent with them... but you surely hope that they hadn't noticed how stalker-ish you'd supposedly looked like.

"Well," he breathes. "I'm still kinda clueless to how I'm feeling to that subject... I guess it's cause I'm probably still in shock of it...? But I think it's alright since it hadn't really affected much of what I'm doing."

"Good." You smiled.

"Yea," he returned your gesture. And in a blink of an eye, his face was inches from yours, his lips hovering closely above yours and occasionally brushing against yours. The softness of his lips... his gentle and cautious touch... you had to fight every nerve in your body to restrain yourself from tackling him. "(Y/N)," he exhaled and his hot breath hits your lips, causing a cool shiver creep down your spine. "Can I ask you something...?"

He leans in a little more, and his lips were practically on yours, he just doesn't move them. He remained completely still, and truthfully, you enjoyed the sweet sensation of just having his lips on yours, savoring the moment, taking everything slowly as if you had all the time in the world.

You parted your lips vaguely; wanting to mumble a reply, but what sounded like an uncomfortable cough interrupted you and broke the amorous atmosphere that the two of you had created for yourselves.

Your eyes darted towards the direction of the cough and widened immediately when you saw Baron standing in the corner with his arms crossed and his back leaning on the wall. You weren't sure if you were imagining it or what, but you thought you saw him... blush...

"I'm still here, you know?" he stated, clarifying his presence. "And I'm not blind... or deaf."

It was your time to blush as your cheeks burned bright crimson when Hiccup pulled himself away from you and returned to his position beside your bed. "You could also leave, you know? Nobody had asked you to stay here."

Baron's lips fell into a grim line and you swore that he was about to run forward and punch Hiccup right in the face, but instead of that scenario, he just stood rather calmly in his place. He didn't respond with even a clever comeback, he probably knows that that might not be such a brilliant idea... Baron thinks everything through before going into action... well, most of the time.

Hiccup then opened his mouth to speak but the sudden swing of the door halted him from doing so; two figures stepped into the room, they seemed to be holding something in their arms...

"We've got the wood, Hiccup," said one of them as they moved further into the place, catching a few glimpses of sunlight, and that's how you knew that they were both girls. "Just like you'd asked."

"Great, thanks, Astrid, just put them over there." Hiccup beckoned his head over to the other corner. Wait, Astrid? Is that... Does that mean that she's...

"Come on, Ruffnut." Astrid called out to the other girl once she'd put down the wood.

But the other girl, Ruffnut, stayed by the doorway... more to the corner actually... And it took you less than a second to figure out that she was distracted by Baron's being. Even though it's quite dim in the room, you could visibly see that her eyes were fixed on him, and you didn't know why, but you found it irritating...

"And who's this gorgeous hunk right here?" she'd released the firewood that she held in her hands and they fell onto the floor with a loud 'thump', but she didn't notice as she was already at Baron's side. One of her arms wrapped around him and pulling him extremely close to her... the kind of close that could be accused of invading one's private space. "Hey, the name's Ruffnut, what's yours, cutie?"

You wanted to roll your eyes at her words, she was obviously flirting with him... and in a way that was considered kind of scary...

Hiccup let out a cough as though he was uncomfortable, that makes the two of you. "Um, that's Baron... my, um... brother." He was hesitant, but you couldn't blame him. You would've still been stunned also if you found out you had a secret brother from someone that wants you dead.

"Brother? " Ruffnut echoed, but her gaze didn't leave Baron. "Of the chief? My, that just makes you all the more tempting to me..."

This time, you really did roll your eyes, and you noticed from the corner of your eye that Astrid was staring at them too, eyes unblinking and mouth slightly agape... It took you a moment before you realized that she was really staring at Baron the whole time. And somehow, this realization just caused you all the more annoyance.

"Um, I think you should go..." Hiccup coughed again; clearly the awkwardness in the room had finally got to him. "(Y/N) might need some more breathing space to manage to get more rest."

There was a faint sigh, but you had no idea that it came from who so you simply shrugged off the wonder. "You're right," it was Astrid, she was heading out the door and she practically had to pull Rufftnut off of Baron when she did. "She needs space," she glanced back over at me, a friendly smile playing on her lips. "I hope you get well soon."

"Thank you." Was all you could say and she went back to pushing Ruffnut out the door.

"I'll see you later." Ruffnut blew Baron a few air kisses before Astrid had successfully pushed her outside. "Yea, see you later." Astrid repeated and gave him a wink then exited.

Your gaze travelled to where Baron stood, he went to shut the door closed and his face was almost emotionless. Even though with his impassive expression, you couldn't help but feel the bothering irritation wash over you again.