Chapter 23

Your eyes blinked opened but you almost couldn't tell because your surroundings were a complete sheet of darkness. Where were you anyway?

You turned your head around, averting your eyes from right to left and back again, but still, it was too dark for you to see anything. Suddenly, you felt the ground beneath you rock, causing you to fall back against the wall which seemed to be made of wood as your hand touched it, in an attempt to keep yourself from falling down completely.

The rocking continuing for a few more moments before it finally ceased, and that's when you made the realization. "Wait... am I on a boat...?" you asked aloud, to no one in particular.

An abrupt ray of light then shone into the room, and you squinted your eyes slightly as to adjust them to the sudden brightness, though it wasn't much and could be considered as somewhat dim than what you're usually used to. What was going on?

When your vision had cleared and gotten used to the ray of light, you saw a small hole or some sort at the opposite side of the room. You slowly made your way over, using the wooden walls as a guide to the source of the light so you won't fall if another rocking begins.

You halted immediately when you saw someone threw something into the room through the hole, and before you could question what it was, a male voice spoke up, probably belonging to whomever threw the object in. "Food, eat up."

You moved your feet closer to what the mysterious stranger had just thrown in and spotted that it was an apple... Seriously? You thought to yourself.

"Even prisoners need food, right?" the same voice said. "What good warden would I be if I didn't feed you?"

Prisoner?

You walked over to the hole, but stood still when you were only a few inches from it, alarmed that he might choke you or something if you got closer. "Wh-where am I?" you managed to choke out, you hadn't realized how dry your throat was until now.

But no answer, you tried another question. "Where are you taking me?"

Again, no answer, though you didn't give up, just added another question to the last unanswered ones. "What do you want with m-"

"God! Will you just shut up already?!" the guy shouted, he sounded furious, he was furious, but his tone soon calmed down. "If I'd known you'd talk so much I would've taped your mouth!"

You furrowed your eyebrows in anger at his insult, even though he couldn't see you. You couldn't see him too, but he knew what you looked like... and all you have about him was his voice... Seriously, who is this guy?!

You heard him sigh before speaking again, "And to answer your question, it's not you that I want, sweetheart, it's your annoying, dragon-friending boyfriend."

What...? Wait... Is he talking about... Hiccup?

"And his Night Fury of course, sweet dragon that he's got there, how'd he even caught one anyway?" you could feel him smirking through the door and your face burned red with anger.

You then opened your mouth, about to make a witty comeback, or rather scream it at him, but the small hole that allowed the dim light access into the room disappeared, and you were once again, left alone in the empty darkness.