Chapter 61

Warning: This chapter has been rated PG for certain reasons...

"(Y/N)?"

You woke up to the sound of your name being murmured; your eyes flickered open to see the winter spirit's familiar face hovering above yours.

"Jack?" you breathed, taking in his perfectly-featured face.

"You're finally awake!" he exclaimed as he hauled himself back to the chair beside your bed.

"H-how... Wha...?" you trailed off when you tried to sit up on your bed, you couldn't. Your head ached terribly as you did so.

"You took the cure," Jack answered the questions that you couldn't manage to spit out earlier. "You've been unconscious for two days."

"What?" your eyes widened at his words. Two days? Oh god... "A-are you serious?"

Jack nodded lightly, his soft gaze fixed on you.

"Oh my god..." you sighed and shut your eyes for a moment but opened them again when another important inquiry floated into your mind.

"What happened? What did I miss while I was gone? Where's Hiccup?"

Jack hesitated, but instead of responding to your question, he asked, "Um, how's your side? Did the cure work...?"

"I-I don't know..." you murmured then glanced down at your side; your hands reached up to the hem of your shirt before your gaze darted back to Jack's. "Um... do you think you could... um, maybe..."

"Oh, right! Of course!" he quickly replied and turned around. But you knew he was blushing even from behind, his ears were bright red.

Your eyes then returned to the hem of your shirt which you began to cautiously pull up, and the horrid gash that once adorned the skin on your side was now completely gone, as if you were never even stabbed!

"Jack!" you called out to him as you pull your shirt back down. "Mhm...?" he mumbled nervously. You stifled back a grin at his adorable fidgetiness. "You can look now."

He swung himself back around and he looks straight at you, waiting for your answer. "It worked." You gave him a small smile, he nodded, a smile of his own appearing on his lips.

"That's good," he murmured. "That's good."

"Yea," you agreed, and once again, your mind wanders back to the question as to where Hiccup is. "Where's Hiccup? We should go tell him!" you said and you started trying to get yourself up again; your head was spinning, but you were determined to at least stand up rather than lie limply on the bed like a sick person, because you weren't sick, not anymore.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Jack grabbed a hold of your arms as you wobbled. "I don't think it's such a good idea to see him, right now. You should get some more rest." He advised as he helped you back down on the bed. "And besides, he's busy at the time being."

"I already slept through two whole days!" you protested, but your voice calmed down later. "And what's he busy with? What happened while I was gone? Oh god, Jack, did something bad happened?"

Jack had tore his gaze from you, his eyes now focused on your hand that he still held in his. He played quietly with your fingers , you tried to push aside the vague tingling sensation that it sent through your nerves but it was hard... his touch was just felt so good... "Your hand is so small." He murmured.

"Jack," you inhaled. "I'm being serious right now, did something happened while I was gone?"

He kept silent, and this is what worries you.

"Please answer the question, Jack!" you almost begged. He stood up from his chair and leaned himself above you, so now your faces were only a few inches apart. His crystal blue eyes stared gently into yours and you felt your breath caught. "You are so beautiful, (Y/N)..." he reached his other hand to caress your cheek.

His touch is causing you so hard to focus straight... so hard... And that's when you realized what he was doing. "You're trying to distract me." You stated, and Jack seemed to froze for a second, and that's enough proof to confirm your accusation. He was distracting you.

"(Y/N)," he whispered, leaning in; his lips are now brushing against yours. But you knew you had to fight him. "What's going on, Jack?" your voice was shaky from the closeness of his being.

And before you could add another protest, his lips were on yours, kissing you softly, slowly and it felt so, so good... You reacting by impulse, yours lips returning his gesture as you kissed back, following his slow, sweet rhythm.

But then you're reminded of your main task at hand; you swiftly jerked back from him as if he shocked you. His eyes showed the surprise caused by your actions but he managed to hide them quickly, giving nothing away.

"Tell me what's going on, now!" you demanded, trying to sound as stern as possible but failed miserably.

"Nothing's going on, (Y/N)." he whispered as he placed a kiss on the tip of your nose, then your cheeks and he trailed down to your jaw line, "Just calm down."

His voice was so soothing, so comforting, you almost believed him. Almost.

He continues to kiss your jaw line and you felt your throat dry up; your lungs craving desperately for air. You felt hot, so, so hot... and the coolness of his touch just makes him all the more desirable to you right now.

His face was now buried in the crook of your neck; he took in a deep breath, taking in your scent. "Why do you smell so sweet, (Y/N)?" he whispered, his cold breath hit the skin of your neck causing you goosebumps.

"Jack," you breathed. "S-stop playing a-around..."

"But I like playing, (Y/N)," he leaves a light, cool kiss on your neck. "Especially with you."

You were gasping now, your chest heaving rapidly as you try to get as much air as you could into your empty lungs. He leaves another kiss down your neck, and another. Heat was building inside of you, and you didn't think you could take it any longer.

In less than a blink of an eye, Jack was pushed away from you and you were now sitting up on your bed; your breathing ragged and your face red from all the 'distracting' Jack had been doing. "That's enough, Jack, now please, tell me the truth. I need to know what happened! Please... I just... I just need to know! For Hiccup's sake, for your sake."

Jack hesitated once more before finally confessing the secrets that he'd hidden from you. "Marcus had sent us a message yesterday, and he's giving us three days to prepare," he paused.

"Prepare for what?" you had to ask, you couldn't stop yourself. It was a reflex.

He took in another sharp intake of air. "For war."