Chapter 42

Sun shone in from the tiny window just above you; the only thing that provided you light and heat at the moment. After Marcus had found you when you'd fell tumbling down onto the earth with Toothless, Hiccup and Baron, he'd dragged you back to the place where Baron had taken you when he'd kidnapped you. But this time, it's even worst.

The new cell that you're in now is completely empty, no bed, no chair, no nothing. You were forced to sit and sleep on the cold, hard floor. The door was locked securely and your hands and feet were bounded by chains. And the freezing temperature didn't help at all. You shivered and your teeth chattered vaguely without you even realizing so.

What's gonna happen to me now...? You wondered to yourself. You didn't want to die, but you sure didn't want Hiccup, Baron or Jack to come rescue you. Hiccup was whom Marcus was after for in the first place, along with Toothless of course, and Baron, he'd betrayed Marcus; he would surely die if he came here. And Jack... Marcus might not know about him but... you still didn't want to risk him getting hurt.

You let out a long, staggered sigh. What's gonna happen to me...?

Just then, one of the cement bricks of the floor a few feet away from you moved, making you flinched and alerted instantly. Your eyes quickly scanned the place for any sort of sharp or hard object, anything that can defend yourself, even a lose nail... a piece of glass... anything.

But you stopped yourself when you heard the familiar voice that you immediately recognized.

"Are you sure this is it?" it said.

"Hiccup...?" you breathed.

A head of brown, shaggy hair popped up from the hole that the large cement brick had made when it was pushed aside. That's when you knew absolutely that it was him.

He turned his head around, and you were met with his glistening green orbs. "(Y/N)!" he called out and quickly pulled himself out of the hole.
You wanted to get up and run to him, run into his arms... feel his warm embrace... feel the sweet familiarity that could brush away all the cold and fear that you've felt when you were dragged here... But a sharp pain cut into your wrists and feet when you did so, you knew that the chains were strong, but now it gave you the idea of it being unbreakable.

"(Y/N)..." Hiccup mumbled as you felt his arms wrapped around you, pulling you close to him. You sighed in content and leaned your head onto his shoulders since you couldn't move your hands forward. "Oh god... I thought I've lost you for real this time... I was so worried..."

You smiled into his shoulder and his grasp on you became firmer, as though you could disappear any second.

"Told you she'd be here." You then heard another voice spoke... Baron...?

You lifted your eyes up and you were proved to be correct as the brunet stood just a short distance from you and Hiccup. The familiar smirk plastered on his face and you felt your heart tugged at the sight of him.

Once Hiccup broke away from you, you turned your attention back onto Baron with a smile on your tired face. "Hi."

"Hi, (Y/N)." he smiled back, his earlier smirk faded as he pulled you into a hug himself.

Hiccup scowl as he did so and the both of you simply rolled your eyes.

"How did you two find me?" you asked when Baron pulled back; your eyes darted between the two of them.

Hiccup beckoned his head over to Baron, who, once again, smirked rather proudly. "I grew up here, (Y/N), it'd be a waste if I didn't spent some of my time exploring the place."

You opened you mouth to reply, but Hiccup stepped forward and interrupted. "Yea, we would love to hear your life story here but I don't think that's such a brilliant idea since Marcus could be back any time."

Baron grimaced but Hiccup ignored him as his gaze focused on the harsh chains that bounded your wrists and ankles. "We have to get you out of these."

"Don't bother," you huffed. "They're unbreakable."

"Nothing's unbreakable." Hiccup glanced up at you and his eyes softened as a sweet smile crept onto his face. That was the same way that he'd looked at you on your first date together...

"Um, guys," Baron coughed. "The chains."

"Oh, right," Hiccup regained his composure as though he'd lost them for a second when we were staring at each other. His hands grabbed a hold of the chains and began pulling, but it proved to be no avail. He sighed. "God, maybe this thing is unbreakable..."

"They're not," Baron then joined into the conversation. He moved forward, examining the chains more clearly now. "They're strong, but they can be broken by-"

And he never got to finish his sentence, as then the door flew opened and a burly figure stood at the doorway. Marcus...

"Oh, my, my, my," he said as he stepped into the room and shut the door behind him with a loud thump. "I wasn't expecting company..."

His eyes then darted from me to Baron, then to Hiccup...

"This is just too sweet, my little bait here," he smiled, obviously referring to you. You felt a little offended, but the fear of what he was capable of pushed that insult away. "Has brought me not only one, but both sons of Stoick The Vast."

"Wait, what?" Hiccup inquired, his expression a complete look of confusion, but you don't think he was the only one... What was this psychopath rambling on about?

"Oh, you don't know?" Marcus asked, his tone filled with false surprise. His gaze darted over to Baron. "And I suppose you're clueless also?"
Baron clenched his teeth, his hands folded into fists, but he didn't speak.

"Huh," Marcus mumbled as he took another step into the room. "Guess it must've slipped off my mind..." But you knew he was lying, you could see it, the malice in his eyes showed it all.

His attention fell back onto Hiccup, and he took a short pause before speaking with a wicked grin. "Baron is your little brother."