Chapter 67

Marcus' men dragged the net that you and Jack are trapped in onto a ship, an incredibly large ship for a matter of fact. The smell of salty sea water filled your nose and you cringed at the scent. You could barely move due net binding your body like spider webs, you shuddered at the thought of being mummified in spider webs.

You tried repeatedly to look at Jack who was tangled up in the net beside you, or maybe even a short glance, but every attempt that you'd made caused bloody cuts into your arm. You were now sure that this wasn't a fishing net, the material was much, much more dangerous. Which made you assumed that this was for trapping dragons...

Moments later, you felt your body being hauled up and thrown onto the hard, wooden floor of the ship. You let out a groan as the pain kicked in. You glared up at whoever did that but what you saw were only two black silhouettes of the people as they now stood at a doorway where the daylight shone through.

"Don't worry," one of the silhouettes said. "Your sufferings won't last much longer. Marcus will be with you in just a short moment."

With a cruel chuckle, the door banged closed, and you were confined in the darkness of the room. A few more seconds had passed, followed by a few more blinks of your watery eyes until you'd finally realized you've been in this room before, this was where you were imprisoned when you'd been kidnapped and was sent to Marcus.

"(Y/N)?" you heard Jack called out your name, and you felt the net move. "Ow!"

"Careful," you warned. "The net cuts."

"Well, you don't say." You could sense him glaring at you but you just simply rolled your eyes even though you knew he couldn't see you. "Are you alright?" he asked.

You sighed. "Well, other than being tied up in a dragon net and that Berk's in danger, I'm pretty fine really. Where's your staff anyway, Jack?"

"One of the dragons knocked it off, and it fell... And destroyed when it hit the ocean." He admitted. "I'll probably need to get a new one." He sighed.

You couldn't help but felt sorry for him. He always had that thing with him everywhere he goes, it wouldn't surprise you if that was the most valuable thing that he'd owned. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine... It doesn't really mean that much anyway. It can always be replaced."

You opened your mouth, about to protest but Jack cut you off before you could even mutter a word. "So now how do we get out of here?"

Your mouth fell closed as you thought up a way to escape and then it hit you, your dagger! It's placed in your side pocket!

"Jack," you said. "My dagger's in my right side pocket, if you could manage to carefully reach it without making too much contact with the net, you could cut us out of here!"

He huffed before answering, "Fine."

A few grunts left his lips as he tried to cautiously grab the dagger from your side pocket. You felt his hand touched your side pocket, and you felt a cool shiver ran down your spine. You've imagined tons of scenarios on how Jack's touch would become so intimate with your body, but this certainly wasn't one of them.

After more grunts later, Jack announced that he'd retrieved the dagger and with one swift sing of his hand, the net that covered him split open, creating a large, gaping hole for the two of you to get out.

Jack was the first one to get out and when he did, he held his hands out to help you. But just as you stood up, the door creaked opened, and there stood a familiar dark figure... Marcus.