Chapter 45

Despite all the noise Toothless made crushing the wall you don't think Marcus even noticed you were gone. Before you knew it you were miles above the clouds, cold wind ripping straight through your jacket, freezing you to the bones. It was cold, but you didn't mind. Your mind was racing... but you didn't want to voice your thoughts.
'What are you thinking about it?' Jack suddenly appeared by your side with a massive grin on his face. You just watched him in astonishment, still not believing that he could fly. Jack's grin wavered and he raised an eyebrow, waiting for you to continue.
'Nothing.' You mumbled quickly. Jack just watched you, contemplating pushing for answers but eventually deciding against it. Instead his smile widened, cocky expression returning. 'Hey, want to have some fun?'
You stared at him, not able to control the grin that tugged at the edge of your lips. 'Are you sure that's a good idea?' Hiccup called, eyes focused on the sky ahead. You could feel the tinge of envy in his voice.
Jack didn't answer. He held out his hand, motioning for you to take it. You figured you had nothing to lose so you took it, totally un-prepared for what happened next.
'Jack!' You screamed as Jack pulled you off Toothless. You felt your stomach drop, lurch and feel sick all at the same time as you lost the stability of the dragon beneath you. And then like that arms were around you and you felt your face buried in the cold neck of the winter spirit. You simply hovered in the air, gripping onto Jack like he was a lifeline. Your arms wrapped around his neck, gripping tightly and refusing to let go. Jack's chest vibrated as he laughed.
'I've got you (Y/N).' He chuckled. Still you gripped him. 'Oh my gosh!' You squeaked weakly. If you were on solid ground your legs would have been shaking... Actually your whole figure would've been.
'Trust me.' Jack whispered. His lips touched your ear as he spoke evoking a tiny shiver from you. 'Do you?' He asked innocently.
You couldn't answer. All you could do was nod and even as you did you could feel yourself relaxing, the initial shock fading.
'So what's your plan Frosty? Drop me?' You pulled away so you were facing him, arms still linked around his neck.
'Yep!' Jack's arms slid up your waist slightly, causing butterflied to erupt within you. 'But only if you want me to.' You could see he was sincere from the kind look in his eyes. You smiled. 'Let's make it a game.' You grinned.
'A game?'
'Yes.' You grinned evilly. 'First one to reach two-hundred meters from the ground wins.'
'Wins what?' Jack asked, accepting the challenge. You leaned forward, heart thumping, and whispered, 'Anything they want from the loser.'
Jack almost dropped you when you said that. 'Anything?' He asked incredulously. You laughed. 'Don't get too cocky yet Frosty. You still have to win.' And with that you let go of him, pulling your arms to your chest and started falling towards the earth.

❅ ❀ ❆

The initial fear subsided quickly, especially after you screamed at Jack to catch you once you won. After that you were just flying, wind in your face and adrenaline pumping through your veins.
'This is amazing!' You yelled. Jack was beside you, laughing. You smirked at him.
'Still think you'll win?' He grinned.
'You bet.' You winked, pulling your legs to your side and shooting down at an incredible speed.
You turned your head, grinning up at the winter spirit as he stayed behind you. You chuckled, moving every time he tried to get around you.
'Someone's losing!' You hummed. You were reaching the two hundred meter mark fast. Unfortunately for you, Jack heard your words and shot past you, grinning. You spun around, turning to face him and fell straight into his arms. Immediately they wrapped around your waist, pulling you close and he whispered, 'I win.'
'Only just.' You whispered. Your legs were shaking as you finally realised what you'd just done. 'That was crazy.' Your heart was beating hard and you were almost afraid Jack could hear it.
'And dangerous.' Jack mumbled.
'I'm a dangerous girl.' You wrapped your arms around Jack's waist. 'So what do you win?'
Jack smiled. 'I'll tell you later.' You closed your eyes as he flew at a diagonal towards Toothless, Baron and Hiccup. He placed you back on Toothless gently, smirking.
'Where have you been?' Hiccup demanded.
'Falling.' You smiled at Jack. He smiled back.
'What do you mean falling?' Baron asked. You wished you could see his expression because it would've been priceless.
'We mean falling.' Jack winked at you. You rolled your eyes at the winter spirit. 'Guess we'll have to do it again some time.' You said. Jack opened his mouth to answer but before he could Hiccup yelled, 'Look!'
You leant forward, watching the clouds ahead as they started to clear. You couldn't see what it was yet but you smiled, knowing what it was. 'Berk.'