Chapter 14

"I can't believe you're doing this to me." You looked at Toothless curiously. Your eyes flicked to Hiccup, catching him looking at you. He blushed slightly, looking away as you chuckled. You gazed at Toothless. He grinned at you, flashing a toothless grin at you. You bit your lips nervously. So that's why he's called Toothless...

"Do you trust me?" Hiccup asked. He had caught you staring at Toothless. You raised an eyebrow. "Yes."

"Then take my hand." He stretched out his hand. You hesitated, curling your fingers awkwardly as you glanced at his hand. Hiccup rolled his eyes. "C'mon it'll be fun." He rolled his eyes, "I promise."

You sighed, taking his hand and allowing him to guide you towards Toothless. You stepped around the dragon, smiling as Toothless rolled his eyes. "Just because you're not afraid of flying." You smirked at him. Toothless rolled his eyes, making a loud sound that you presumed was laughter. You giggled, looking up at Hiccup as he pulled you onto Toothless.

"Whoa..." You glanced down, already slightly afraid.

Hiccup turned to face you, lips brushing across your forehead. "Put your arms around my waist."

"What?" Your mouth opened in surprise.

"I thought you liked me!" You felt Hiccup's lips turn into a grin against you.

"I-" You couldn't finish because of how nervous you were. Hiccup swung his legs around, facing you. He took your hands. "Once you're up there... I promise it is amazing." He whispered. You smiled. "I trust you."
Hiccup spun around again. "Then put your arms around my waist." You did as he said, linking your arms around his waist and clutching on tightly.

"Ready?" Hiccup asked.

"Ready." You repeated. You tightened your grip and heard him groan "Too. Tight." He chocked.

"Sorry." You loosened slightly. Hiccup chuckled. "Toothless." He grinned and then Toothless was bounding forward. You screamed, closing your eyes tightly as Toothless flapped his wings.

"Hiccup!" You screamed as you felt wind in your face. His chest vibrated as he chuckled. You buried your face in his shirt. '(Y/N) open your eyes.' Hiccup yelled against the wind.

"No!"

"(Y/N), open them." Hiccup's hands were on yours. He squeezed them gently. "I know you're afraid but I won't let you go."

"I swear if you do-" You shook your head but slowly your eyes opened. You gripped onto Hiccup and gasped as your eyes widened. Orange rays lit up the sky casting a glow on the pillow of clouds below that made them appear blue. The air was cool, the setting sun a bright glow in the distance. It was beautiful. But you weren't looking at that. Your gaze was fixed on Hiccup as he turned to face you. His messy hair... His perfect green eyes... His muscular figure covered in armor and fabric... and his grin as he watched you. Wait... oh he had caught you looking...

"Why are you staring at me?" He asked, lips turning into a brilliant smile.

"No reason..." You quickly said, "Why- why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful." He whispered. His reached up, brushing a stray strand of hair out of your face. You closed your eyes as his fingers slid down your cheek, caressing it gently.

"Hiccup-"

"Don't." He whispered, "Don't say anything." His fingers moved down your face, touching your lips. You smiled, lips slightly parted as you opened your eyes. Hiccup was much closer to you then he had been before.

"(Y/N), we haven't exactly known each other for ages... but I can't- I mean... I have feelings for you and I-"

"Hiccup?"

"Yes?"

"Stop talking." You leant forward, closing the distance between your lips. Your lips pressed against his gently. His hand cupped your neck, pulling you closer. You smiled against his lips, fingers twirling in his hair.

"(Y/N)." Hiccup mumbled against your lips. You pulled away, resting your head against his. You looked around and the realization that you were flying hit you. You shrieked slightly and Hiccup laughed.

"It's ok." He chuckled, "He won't drop us." You looked at Hiccup. "I'm not scared." You smiled as you looked around in awe. "Wow."

"Wow?" Hiccup grinned, taking your hand.

"You get to do this every day?" You said in awe. "Most days."

You turned to face Hiccup. "Thank you, Hiccup."

Hiccup burst out laughing. "What?" You asked.

"You're in the air on a dragon with someone you've only known for a few days and you are thanking me?" Hiccup was still laughing.

"Is that a bad thing?" You giggled.

"No." Hiccup stopped laughing but he was still smiling, "I just can't figure you out."

"There's nothing to figure out." You whispered.

Hiccup reached up, touching your face. "In all honesty, (Y/N), we both know that's not true."