Chapter 24

You woke up to the sight of sunlight shining through a glass window a short distance from you. Wait, glass window...? Where are you?

Your eyes widened in alarm at the realization and immediately sat up; that's when you felt the blanket that covered you slip down to your side, landing on the soft mattress beneath you.

Blanket? Mattress? Seriously! Where am I?! You thought to yourself. And more importantly, how did I get here...?

"You're finally awake!" you heard a voice spoke from behind you, making you quickly jerk your head back to see an unfamiliar boy sitting in a plastic chair close to your bed.

You raised a puzzled eyebrow at him and asked, "Who are you...?" but one question led to another. "Wait, where am I? How did I get here?"

The light chuckle that escaped the boy caught back your attention and your gaze stayed fixed on him this time. He was surprisingly good-looking. He looked about somewhere between Jack and Hiccup's ages and had vaguely-shaggy dirty blond hair, though it could be considered as light brown, his eyes were a pale yet unique shade of green with tiny hazel specks in them as he smiled at you. Wait, why is he smiling at you...?

"Calm down, or else you're going to have a panic attack," he jokingly said, his pleasant smile intact. "And I don't want people coming in here thinking that I'd caused it."

"Well," you begun, your voice quieter than you wanted. "Then you better start answering my questions."

"You're not really patient, are you, sweetheart?" he grinned, and that's when you realized...

"You're the guy who knocked me out!" And the one who threatened to tape my mouth shut, you almost added but restrained yourself from doing so. "You're after Hiccup and Toothless!"

The boy leaned forward, his chin placed on his hand while his elbows rested on his knees. His smile didn't fade and you thought you actually heard him let out another chuckle as he said, "Is that what he calls that thing? Kind of childish if you ask me."

"Don't talk about him that way!" you snapped without thinking.

But your sudden outburst didn't seemed to faze him though as his expression remained unchanged, happy and grinning like a five-year-old who just got what he wanted on Christmas. "I was just stating my opinion, you don't have to agree with me."

"Well, good, because I don't." you hissed, glaring fiercely at him.

There was a short pause before he held out a hand to you. "I'm Baron," he introduced himself.

You didn't take his hand, a complete look of disgust on your face. He knocked me out, kidnapped me as a bait to get Hiccup and Toothless and he still has the nerve to think that I would shake his hand?

"Right," he said and allowed his hand to fall limply back to his side when you didn't take it. "Not much of a handshaker, I see."

You didn't say anything, you were utterly disgusted by him, his behavior, the way that he's pretending that he didn't locked you up for who knows how long! No matter how attractive you find him!

"What's your name?" he asked, and when you didn't reply, not that you had any intention to anyway, he smiled. "Or should I just keep on calling you 'sweetheart'?"

Okay, that's it!

"You knocked me unconscious, kidnapped me to get Hiccup and his dragon, you even threatened to tape my mouth shut! And now you're acting
as though none of that ever happened?!" you shouted in his face. "What do you think I am? A moron?!"

The reaction that you expected from Baron wasn't what you got, instead of getting out of his chair and slapping you across the face or yell at you, he stood his ground and just simply shook his head. But when he lifted his head up, his smile had faded and was now replaced with a grim line and his green glistened with malice.

Then he pushed his chair back as he stood up, but not all the way as he bent slightly down so his face was leveled perfectly with yours, only a few inches apart. You could hear and feel his breath as they hit your face.

"Look, sweetheart, I didn't waste 48 hours of my time to drag you all the way from that dumb town just so you could yell at me," He said through gritted teeth and the playfulness that were once in his eyes vanished. "So I'm going to give you another warning, you keep that big mouth of yours shut, your butt in this room, then, I'll maybe reconsider slitting your throat with a butcher knife."

You remained silent, stunned by his words. On the outside, you were calmed and quiet, but on the inside, you were the complete opposite, screaming and shouting with range with an unbearable urge to slap him right across the face, hopefully leaving a burning red mark.

His earlier smile returned when you didn't say anything, and it was as though his mood changed with just a flick of a switch. "Now that's a good girl," he reached over and pulled a strand of your hair back, tugging it behind your ear. You jerked away from his touch, causing your back to connect with the cool wall at the edge of your bed due to the force.

Baron's grin remained, ignoring your less-than-desirable actions. He pulled away from you and you almost breathed out a sigh of relief. He looked down at his wrist to check his watch before turning his gaze back onto you. "I have to go," he announced. "But don't worry, I'll be back for you, sweetheart."

And with that, he's out the door, locking it behind him and you slumped back against the wall.

What am I going to do...?