Chapter 49

"No." the word escaped your lips absentmindedly. This can't be happening. "No, no, no, they can't! NO!"

"(Y/N), calm down, they're going to be al-" he tried a shot at comforting but I cut him off before he even had a chance to finish. "NO! They're not going to be alright, Baron! This is practically suicide! They're going on a suicide mission!"

"(Y/N)..." Baron trailed off; your breathing was now ragged and your chest rise and fell rapidly. This can't be happening, no no no no!

"I have to stop them!" you said and willed yourself from get up from the bed, you cringed when some of the pain returned to your side, but you pushed through it, you had to. Baron immediately stood up when you did, blocking your path which you felt completely annoyed and even angered with. "Get out of the way, Baron!" Normally during circumstances like this, you would've walked around him, but since you're fairly injured, you don't think you've got enough energy to do so without collapsing onto the ground, and there's also that Baron's movements were much faster than other people, he could easier switched places and blocked every one of your paths.

"No, I'm not going to let you rush out of this house and cause yourself more pain, (Y/N), I can't." he stated, the tone of his voice made it more of an order. "I made a promise to Hiccup; I promised him that I'd keep you safe. And I will."

But none of his words got to you, millions of worried thoughts are flooding into your brain like snapshots of tragedies that might happen in their journey. You moved forward and tried to push Baron out of the way, "Get out, Baron! I-I need to stop them!" He was much heavier than he looked and though you knew that this idea was flawed from the beginning, you couldn't help but try. "Please, Baron! Just let me go!"

"Calm down, (Y/N)," he warned, his arms gripped around me and pulling me from moving any further or attempting any more weak ways to escape. "You need to relax! You're badly wounded and fighting with me isn't going to help Hiccup and Jack any bit!"

"Then don't let me fight you!" you panted, you're breathless and your lungs were screaming for air. "Let me go and stop them! That will make this so much easier for the both of us!"

Despite the burning in your lungs, you hit your fists against Baron's chest, hoping that you might cause him enough pain to release you. "Just-let-me-go-Baron!"

"(Y/N)! It's no use now! Even if I do let you out, they're probably gone by now," he said, you could feel his gaze locked on you, but you didn't look up. "Just calm down, they're going to be fine, everything will be fine, they're going to come back with the cure."

Every possible scenario of something tragic happening to either Hiccup or Jack flashed through your mind and you allowed your arms to drop limply to your sides; Baron's eyes softened, freeing his grip on you, and that's when you raised your leg up and kicked him in the groin.

A loud pained groan fell from his lips as he bent down to recover from your assault, you then quickly took the opportunity to push past him and headed straight to the door.

Just a few more steps, you can do this, you told yourself, just a few more steps.

Just when you're about to reach your hand out and grab the door handle, you felt your other arm being tugged back, forbidding you go any farther. Your head snapped back to see Baron grasping onto you like you were his lifeline and he wore a pained expression; you couldn't tell if it was because of your earlier assault or that you wouldn't even listen to his reasoning.

"Please, (Y/N)," his voice was weak, tight, assumingly because he was still rather hurt.

One look at him, one look at his face... at his green, pleading eyes, your heart wrenched and you felt tears starting to swarm in your eyes. "How could you let them do this...?" your question came out as a weak whisper.