Chapter 5

"You should really open your eyes, (Y/N)!" you heard Jack said as you cling tightly onto him. "The view's amazing!"

Jack had decided on the great idea to fly you to your house in incredibly high speed, only making the risks of you falling miles to the ground and smashing your face more possible. You had your eyes shut, your arms hugging Jack's abdomen firmly; you can basically feel him smirking as he spoke.

"I swear, if you even dare to drop me, Frost, you will never hear the end of it!" you threatened but you still kept your eyes closed.

You felt Jack's chest vibrated beside you as he chuckled at your lame threat. Normally, a light blush would spread across your cheek in embarrassment at situation like this, but right now, soaring feets above the snowy ground of Stockholm.

You could feel the rushing cold night wind hit your face, causing shivers to run down your spine and you held Jack closer, desperate for some warmth but you forgot that he's just as cold as the winter night itself. You almost pulled away, but then you were reminded of the harsh wind and what will happen if you do. A sigh escaped from your lips.

"Why do you have to be so dang cold, Jack?" you sighed which made Jack let out another chuckle.

"Because, (Y/N)." was all he said before you felt the sudden absence of the furious, cold wind, and then you noticed that your feet had landed on something solid. Jack's chest moved vaguely as he inhaled and exhaled, his clam breathing was the only thing that you could hear before he finally broke the peaceful silent. "You can open your eyes now."

You hesitated doing so at first, thinking that he might trick you or something but you later gave in and blinked your eyes open. Only then did you realize that you and Jack were on the balcony just outside of your room, and when you turn around, you could see the door to your room that leads out to it.

A smile tugged on the ends of your lips as you let out a relieved sigh at the slightly familiar sight(You only moved there a few days ago, so yea :P). You turned your gaze back to Jack who had a wide smirk on his face which made you furrow your brows in curiosity.
Jack, taking note of your puzzled expression, decided to give you a hint. "Yea, I'm just so cuddly to cling onto."

Your eyes enlarged and you immediately pulled away when you made the realization that you were still holding onto him like a stuffed animal. You rolled your eyes as Jack began laughing at your flustered movements. You bit your bottom lip and tried your best not to blush and give in to what he wants.

Soon, his laughing ceased and the two of you were just left on the balcony, gazing at each other. It was only then have you made the choice to speak up. "Um, thank you, Jack..." you mumbled.

The winter spirit nodded, a faint smile on his pale face as he looked at you.

"It's getting late..." you trailed off. "I should- I should really go to bed..."

"Yea," Jack nodded again, his smile began to form into a tight line. "Yea, you're right."

You gave a nod in return and turned around to walk to the door that led to your room. But you halted just as your hand touched the handle; you glanced back at him. "Do you... Do you maybe want to spend the night here?"

Jack's crystal blue eyes stared at you in almost hopefulness and you were almost certain he was going to say 'yes', but he didn't. "Um, I wish I could, but," he murmured, casting short looks down at the floor now-a-then. "I have to get back to the pole, North's gonna be wondering where I am..."

"Oh..." you mumbled. "Okay then..."

"Goodnight, (Y/N)." he gave you a warm smile which you returned gratefully. "Goodnight, Jack."