Chapter 48

You glanced at Baron. 'Are you- Were they-' You couldn't bring yourself to finish. You felt heat rush to your cheeks. Baron raised an eyebrow,

'You're not jealous are you?'

'No! What why would I be jealous!' You exclaimed, a little too quickly for your liking. Baron just laughed. 'I don't know.' He grinned, 'Hot girls after your boy?' He winked at you.

'Shut up.' You groaned, that same irritation rising up within you. You could almost feel Baron's triumphant smirk as you lay back down.

'But that doesn't matter right now.' Baron was suddenly by your side, taking your hand and holding it against his cheek. You would've loved it, if it weren't for the fact that Hiccup was still sitting next to you awkwardly.

'Umm...' You gently pulled your hand out of Barons and put it on your forehead. 'It matters to me.' You bit your lip awkwardly as you watched Baron's confused expression.

'Why?' He asked gently. You glanced over a Hiccup, deciding to not answer Barona when you saw his hurt expression. You closed your eyes with a groan. 'It hurts.' You whispered.

'I know.' Hiccup moved a stray hair out of your face, running his fingers down your cheek. It drew a smile from you. 'I'm going to go to sleep-'

As you were saying this Jack burst through the doors, running to your side with a huge smile on his face. 'You're awake!' He yelled excitedly.

'Yep.' You couldn't help but grin at his enthusiasm.

'And she was just about to go to sleep.' Hiccup looked at Jack quickly.

'Oh.' Jack's expression seemed to fall. You looked at him, guilt in your veins. Why did you feel guilty? You didn't know... But it must've had something to do with Jack dropping enthusiasm. 'It's ok.' You smiled, 'We can talk.'

'Great.' Jack smiled.

'No!' Baron said forcefully. 'She needs rest.' He glared at Jack, probably blaming this whole thing on him after the 'skydiving'. You simply rolled your eyes.

'I'm fine!' To prove your point you sat up. The pain was still there, sharp, but you tried desperately to ignore it. You didn't want to disappoint them.

'Well there's something I've been meaning to tell you.' Jack said. You felt your head spinning slightly. 'But it can wait.' Jack's lips were set in a grim line. He awkwardly crawled onto the bed, putting his hand against your forehead. 'Your warm.'

'Your cold.' You smirked. Jack chuckled slightly and then he pushed your back down, so you were lying. He hovered over you, only for a few seconds, and then he was gone.

'Hiccup?' Jack's voice rang out.

'Yep?' The brunette jerked his head to the side.

'I need to talk to you.' You couldn't see Jack but Hiccups expression grimed and he stood up. You looked at him nervously.

'Baron?' Hiccup asked. Baron looked up curiously. 'Make sure she's ok.' Hiccup sighed.

Baron looked down at you. 'Always.' He whispered, a small smile hinting on his lips. You heard Hiccup grunt and then he was gone, walking over to the door with Jack.

'What are they talking about?' You asked Baron as you heard the door shut behind them. He shifted nervously. You could tell he already knew.

'Tell me.' You demanded.

'Umm... Now's not the time.' Baron ran his fingers through his hair.

'Yes it is.' You smiled, reaching up and touching his cheek. 'Trust me.' You whispered. He cupped your hand with his, pushing it against his face harder, eyes closed.

'Baron tell me.'

The boy opened his eyes, looking at you as if he was deciding what to say. Eventually he sighed. 'They- They know were to find the dragon.' He whispered. Your eyes widened. 'What!'

Baron looked sad. 'And they're going after it now.'