Chapter 28

The wind was so strong that it nearly knocked you down if you weren't trying to so hard to reserve the fairly low stability that you had on your feet. It was also cold too; you had your arms wrapped tightly around yourself but the warmth in your body wasn't enough, you still shivered repeatedly and your teeth began to chatter from the unbearable temperature.

You kept your eyes squinted, hoping that you might be able to see something; a shelter or some sort, but unfortunately there was nothing, supposedly for miles, but white lumps of snow. You moved your legs weakly forward, unsure of where you're going but it was better than that prison cell Baron had trapped you in earlier... so much better...

Even the slightest thought of the blonde-haired boy sent anger rushing through your veins; you absolutely hated him, what he done to you, everything that he'd done to you... was unforgivable.

You sucked in a deep breath, allowing the cold air to fill your lungs.

This is not a good time to think about him right now, you thought to yourself, your eyes still squinted as you proceeded walking in the hazardous blizzard. He doesn't matter, what matters is finding a safe and warm place to hide from him and his goons.

And with that thought in your mind, you forced your pace to quicken, determined to look for somewhere that could provide assurance of your survival from the harsh weather that's attacking you harder than you've ever been hit by dodge balls in gym class while you were back in your old school in America.

God, your old school, you haven't thought about it since you'd been kidnapped and dragged to this place which, you still had no idea was where.

And your mom... you've completely forgotten about her, which was extremely bad because you weren't supposed to forget your own mother, or your family to be exact! And being kidnapped was no acceptable excuse, actually it would've made you think about them even more, wondering and praying hopefully that they might come and rescue you, but instead of your own parents, you prayed that Jack or Hiccup were the ones who will come and save you... What's wrong with you? You scolded silently at yourself.

A grunt escaped your lips when you suddenly tripped on something hard and fell onto the snow-covered ground. Pain spread from your right knee to the rest of your leg, causing you to bit your bottom lip from making any sounds that might give yourself away to Baron and the other men who were after you if they happen to be out here... If.

You tried to get up, but you couldn't; all the energy and strength left in you had worn out and now you're left weak, starving and alone in the terrifying blizzard that seemed like it'd never stop.

You were completely drained and your eyes began to flutter as you fought to stay awake. You could feel yourself getting weaker and drowsier; your vision started to blur and that's when you saw a pair of crystal blue eyes, staring down at you, but you couldn't really tell who it was since everything's now become like a blurred watercolor painting that was ruined before it had fully dried.

"Jack...?" you mumbled, your voice barely audible.

Then the pair of eyes vanished as yours fell closed and you felt hands carry and hauled you off the snowy ground.

❅ ❀ ❆

Your eyes flickered open and you immediately pulled yourself into a sitting position, your alarmed eyes scanning the surroundings and you muttered a curse under your breath as you realized that you were back in the prison cell of a room again. There was a vague pain in your knee that you'd fell on but it was much better compared to when you first tripped and fell.

"(Y/N)," you heard a male voice spoke from behind you; you recognized instantly that it belonged to Baron, though you wished that you didn't.

You hesitantly turned your head around to see him staring intently at you. "I should've killed you when I had the chance!" you hissed through gritted teeth as you shot daggers at him.

His expression remained unfazed as he walked forward toward your bed, causing you to flinch slightly. He leaned down so he was the same eye level as you, and his face was inches apart... lesser inches than you'd prefer.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" Baron began. "Just let me explain-"

But you cut him off before he even had a chance to do so. "Sorry?! You think that's going to solve everything and make me forgive you?! And explain?! Explain wha-" His hand covered your mouth, preventing you from continuing your rather harsh scolding, but he did deserved it.

"Please," he shushed you, the look of his green eyes almost pleading... "I'm trying to help you, to keep you safe."

You bit his hand, making him pull it back with a faint cry of pain. "Safe? You're going to kill me unless I tell you where Hiccup and Toothless are, but you'd probably killed me after anyways. So you might as well just do it now cause like I said, I do not know where they are!"

"God! How do people even talk around you?!" Baron hissed but then sighed as he calmed down. "I know this is hard to believe, but I am trying to help you, I don't want to kill you-"

"So that explains why you stabbed a stupid knife in my side!"

He rolled his eyes. "That was a threat, I was never planning on killing you."

You pursed your lips vaguely in confusion. "Why? I thought you hated me for ruining your new shoes?" you had no idea how you'd even be able to act sarcastic in situations like this.

"Well, I did hate you for that." He said, you could tell that he knew you were being sarcastic, but he went along with it as well. "But in all seriousness, (Y/N), I like you, and I'd rather have you alive than dead."

You kept quiet, not muttering even a single word or syllable.

"But, there is someone who will kill you if you don't tell them where Hiccup and his dragon are," he continued, you wanted to question whom it was but he was already speaking again. "So that is why I need you to trust me,"

You let out a huff at his words.

"I know that I haven't done much to make you do s-"

"Actually, you haven't done anything to make me trust you!" you snapped. "So why do you expect me to suddenly do that now?"

He sighed again, he's exasperated, you could tell. "Please, if you want to live, you need to do what I say."

The thought of rejecting his offer were fairly enticing, you deep down, you knew that if you ever wanted to escape and see Hiccup, Jack, your family again... you have to trust him. So after several silent minutes of deciding, you finally gave in and nodded.

You saw a ghost of a smile crossed his face, and you didn't know why, but you wanted to smile also.

"Good." He sighed, this time out of relief, he sure sighs a lot. "Right now, I have to go." He stated and leaned in, placing a gentle kiss on your temple before he turned around and left the room with the door locked behind him.

You sat there, alone on the bed. Your eyes darted around the room and your shoulders slumped back. That's when you noticed a figure standing outside the window, your eyes widened as you made out who it was...

Without thinking, you got off from the bed, ignoring your still throbbing knee and ran towards it. Tears swarmed in your eyes out of happiness as you'd reached the window, the palm of your hand pressed against the cool window where the figure outside's palm was placed also, just on the opposite side.

You tears then fell down like waterfalls, but you didn't care. You practically sobbed out of happiness as you called out their name. "Jack..."