E L E V E N .

He.

Even I had to admit to myself that I was a fool.

That was after hearing an earful from Maggie, my nurse, as she wiped me down.

She did everything short of spanking me and even threw in a little water works. Yeah I did behave like an eight year old. But I couldn't exactly tell her that I had to run away. If not from him, then from here before they catch up to me.

But I didn't say a word.

I think they might start to believe me to be dumb.

Not until Maggie began going on about how he was upset and worried, did I feel I little selfish.

"You should have seen him." She started as she began to take my vitals.

"He was so beside himself and inconsolable." She continued as she moved to straighten my legs.

"He totally blames himself and even cried." She said this in a high pitched tone depicting that him crying was something that never happened.

"All these for someone whose name he doesn't know." The way she said these told me that her motherly instincts have been transferred back to him and she was about to deem me the bad guy in this situation.

So I did something totally unfathomable.

"It's Demi. Demilade." I said in hoarsest whisper I've ever heard.

The tears falling down Maggie's face was the only confirmation she heard me.

And maybe if I wasn't too occupied with her, I'd have heard the shuffle of feet as a shadow passed my door.

But I didn't.