T H I R T Y - S I X .

"What the fuck were you thinking?" Taio yells out as soon as we are out of earshot of Demi.

I walk past him into the kitchen and pull out a bottle of water from the fridge.

"I wasn't." I said solemnly and take a big gulp out of my bottle.

Taio looks like he wants to say something but then swallows it. I train my best 'say whatever the fuck you want to say' stare at him.

"You don't know him." He starts.

"And when I mean you don't know him, I don't mean whether he's good or not. Hell we can't even be sure about that. But what if he has someone out there who loves him and he's in love with? But he can't remember because he got hit on the head."

He takes a pause for a few seconds allowing me to process and digest his words then he delivers the final blow.

"What If he's not gay?"

For a moment I am stunned into silence as my deepest fear concerning Demilade is revealed. I feel a certain chill run through me at the prospect that he might not be able to return my feelings.

"Then I'll love him enough for the both of us." I reply coldly.

He attempts to say something else but me taking another gulp from my bottle signifies the end of our conversation.

Thanks to @JasmineJones688 for all your votes. Appreciate it.