F O U R T Y - T H R E E

All it took was one phrase. And I was plunged back into a living hell. In an instant, I was no longer in Mitch's arms having my dreams come true.

I'm now fighting to unmake a terrible memory. But try as I might, I couldn't.

Every memory is my head comes alive with such intensity, it's a wonder I don't kneel over in pain.

I make one lame attempt to stop it, but the opposite happens and as if I just unlocked a fireman's hose, every memory that has faded into the background in the wake of my amnesia rushes to the forefront of my mind.

I watch as pieces of my life is formed memory by memory before then broken down to nothing but crumbs by an unfortunate incident.

Like a paralysed ghost, I watch as my body is defiled, mangled and left for death. And like always, I pray for death to take a hold of me. But like always, it doesn't and I'm left with carrying around the shell of my soul.

In that moment I come to finally understand the reason why I was not so eager to live. I'm forced to watch as this very terrible memory triggers every other memory in my head.

They always did say be careful what you wish for.

Because now I'll do anything to remain in the ignorant bliss of amnesia.