F O R T Y - N I N E

Demilade

I was playing with fire and I knew it. Good things like this didn't happen to people like me. People like me aren't supposed to meet  prince charming who didn't want them to lie on their back and take it like a slut. Prince charming wasn't supposed to care whether or not I'd eaten and he definitely wasn't supposed to take joy in the fact that I had gained flesh.

That's why I knew this was temporary. Good things didn't come to people like me.

But I couldn't help but feel happy when I managed to put a smile on his face. The way his green eyes light up and the crinkles on his face come out made me even happier.

He did silly things like bring me breakfast in bed or fry pancakes for me. Even my mother never did that. But every time he came around me, I felt an army of butterflies in my stomach. And when he kissed me, it felt like a huge wave was sweeping me away.

I was yet to put out, but he hasn't demanded it of me and for some reason, it makes me hold out more. Because if I did put out for him then there would be no difference between him and the others.

If I didn't know better, I would say I was in love with him. But I knew better. I knew what love really was.

And that was why I knew it was only temporary.