Chapter 41: My Past

Summer has officially started and to celebrate I will update a week early!!! Enjoy!!!!

ONCE UPON AN ASSASSIN

CHAPTER 41

WARNING: there will be some part about rape and may be a bit graphic, please be cautious

KONOMI P.O.V.

None of my classmates spoke as they silently stared at me as we sat in the sandy beach of the island.

I wasn't going to deny it, I was scared. No terrified.... I knew I needed to tell them my story. But I have never told someone about it unless they were the therapist or a family member.

How would they react when they learn everything....?

My eyes moved to the burning bone fire, eyeing the flickering flames that licked at the wood we collected off the beach.

"Konomi..." I lifted my head up and stared at Karma who looked at me with a serious expression.

His large hand gently took mine, giving it a firm squeeze.

A small sigh escaped my lips before I picked my head up, looking at my classmates.

The sounds of the waves lapping at the shore calmed down my nerves that felt like it'll jump out of my body. I finally opened my mouth to speak.

"You all know that my father's the director of the FBI right?" I questioned, watching few of them such as Nagisa-kun nod, "Well, being the director, you'll obviously collect grudges from your enemies. That's why Dad's always in danger."

My eyes shifted to Tada-San who also sat on the side. Even my usually stoic uncle had a scowl on his face, already knowing everything.

"Because of Dad's job, as his family, we were also targeted. Though being a child, it was always me instead of Mom. By the age eight, I have been kidnapped ten times for ransoms and grudges," I explained, "and for that reason, my Dad hired me a private bodyguard to protect me. His name was Charles...."

None of my classmates spoke as they intently listened to me speak.

"When I was nine, I experienced my eleventh kidnapping," I closed my eyes, the memory flooding through my mind, "But this time.... Instead of a person I've never met before like usual, it was someone I knew very well.... My whole family thought we knew him so well... Neither of my parents would have imagined that my bodyguard who was supposed to be the one to protect me was the one that would kidnap me....."

I could hear a small gasp escaped some of my female classmate's lips.

My hands trembled as the man's, Charles's face haunted my mind, "We all thought we could trust him.... My parents, I trusted my safety to him... But who knew he wore a mask to hide all the evil inside of him..."

The bone fire crackled as one of the branches of the wood snapped.

I slowly reopened my eyes and stared at the flames, feeling it's heat on my face, "None of us were able to notice how obsessed and crazy he was.... So damn obsessed.... My parents only thought he was doing his job, being very protective as my personal bodyguard. But...." I trailed off, shaking my head.