Chapter 20: 'I could be something more sensual and exciting...'

Once Upon an Assassin

Chapter 20

KONOMI P.O.V.

"This is Horibe Itona, please call him by his name," Shiro stated as he looked back at us, "Oh, and I spoiled him a bit so, for the time being allow me to watch over him."

Karma suddenly placed a hand on my waist, making me squirm. The red haired male ignored me and adjusted himself, spreading his legs wider so I could have a better seat on the chair, "Hey Itona-kun."

Because Karma spoke up, the whole class looked at him. Though I became uncomfortable as I realized that our classmates realized I was sitting almost on top of him.

Keeping a neutral expression, I ignored how some of the students, A.K.A. Nakamura-San and Okajima-Kun were grinning pervertedly.

"Ne, it's been kinda bothering me, but, so why aren't you even the slightest bit wet when it's pouring outside....?" Karma questioned as he wrapped a arm around my waist, preventing me from moving away from him.

Itona-kun suddenly looked around the class before standing up.

"You..." Itona-kun spoke walking up to us, "Are probably one of the strongest in the class. But don't worry," my lilac eyes widened as Itona-kun leaned forward and placed a hand on Karma's head, messing up his red hair.

My mouth was slightly open, not knowing what to say. Oh lord, Karma's definitely not going to like how Itona-kun is treating him...

"You're weaker than me so I won't kill you," Itona-kun muttered. But when I thought he was going to pull away, he grabbed my arm, pulling me away from Karma.

Although he was shorter than me, his grip was tight and strong, one of his arm wrapping around my waist.

"Konomi...." I nervously looked at Itona-kun who now stared at me with his strange eyes.

I was feeling extremely uncomfortable as I realized my classmates were gapping at the scene as well, shocked that the transfer student knew me.

"You are almost as strong as me, but I will not kill you."

I opened my mouth to speak but once again, my arm was pulled, making me stumble back.

Karma's golden eyes glared at Itona-kun. I was now back to where I was previously seated, his arms tightly wrapped around my stomach.

Itona-kun stared at us for a moment before he turned to the front of the class, walking towards Koro-Sensei.

As he walked away, I sent a questioning look to Karma, which he ignored. I frowned and propped my chin on my hand while leaning onto the desk.

"I think I only want to kill those who might be stronger than me. In this classroom, that means only you Koro-Sensei," the white haired boy stated as he pointed a finger at our teacher.

Koro-Sensei grinned wickedly as he ate the Yōkan that he received from Shiro, "Nurufufufu, does that talk of 'strong' and 'weak' refer to fighting, Itona-kun? In a contest of strength, you wouldn't even be able to stand in the same dimension as me."

The class and I watched as Itona pulled out the same Yōkan Koro-Sensei was eating from his pocket.

My nose scrunched up slightly as the boy bit into it, not bothering to take off the wrapper, "I can," he paused, chewing slowly before swallowing, "Because, we are brothers, related by blood."

My eyes widen in shock as the strength left my body, making my arm fall over and my chin to hit the desk with a thud.

"B-B-B-BROTHER?????!!!!"