Chapter 19: Pastries and the Unknown boy

Once Upon an Assassin

Chapter 19

KONOMI P.O.V.

Happily humming, I closed my umbrella, entering the small cafe I had found few weeks ago.

The door made a small jingle as I entered, welcoming me with sweet smell of baking snacks.

"Welcome!"

My eyes brightened and I flashed a small smile at the waiter who stood at the counter who greeted me.

The male blushed, his cheeks turning a pink color as he led me to a single seat next to the window.

I had asked both Nagisa-kun and Kaede-chan, even Kanzaki-San and Yūma-kun if they would like to join me for cake today but they all had to turn me down because of personal things they had to do.

Though that didn't stop me from getting my usual cakes.

I looked out the window, staring at the dropping rain for a moment before looking back down at the menu I received as I sat down.

"Have you decided?" The waiter from earlier questioned as he came up with a notepad.

I looked up at him and sighed as I realized he was still staring at me with his face pink, "I'll be ordering a lot so be prepared," I joked slightly while scanning the menu, "I would like to have a hot cup of jasmine milk tea, a raspberry tart, the assorted macarons, the French cream puff, a vanilla éclair, uh the mille-fueille, the hazelnut decadence, vanilla crème brûlée, lemon soufflé, fruit tart, crème caramel, panna cotta, tiramisu, molten chocolate cake, monbran cake and oh, I almost forgot, the strawberry short cake!"

The waiter stated at me in wide eyed, trying to scribble all the names of the pastries I stated.

"I-Is that all...?"

I nodded but placed the menu beside me, "I'll like to keep the menu for now if I want to order more."

"A-Alright...."

A small chuckle escaped my lips as I watched the waiter scurry off, definitely taken back by the amount I ordered.

As I waited, I pulled out the social studies textbook from my bag, scanning through the pages, reviewing them.

Yūma-kun has been so sweet and has been helping me with my studying in this subject. And currently, I'm proud to say, I'm ahead of the class because of the said boy.

"Here's your tea and the pastries you've ordered..."

I lifted my head up while closing my text book before pleasantly smiling at the waiter, "Thank you."

Staring pastries spread all over the table, my mouth watered at the mere sight.

Without hesitation, I grabbed my absolute favorite, the strawberry shortcake, cutting through the soft sponge and the whipped cream.

Though, as I moved to bring it to my mouth, I froze as I saw a boy around my age staring at me through the window.

Closing my mouth I stared at him in confusion. Placing my fork back down, I observed the boy while sipping my tea.

He... Well, honestly he seemed strange.

His height seemed like an average boy but his hair color, a platinum white or silver with a tint of blue wasn't something you'll see everyday.

Though I shouldn't be talking since I lilac colored hair.

His eyes also stood out as well... Yellow orbs with rings... The circle that was closest to the pupil was dark and it got lighter.