Chapter 35: Infiltration PART I

Once Upon an Assassin

Chapter 35

Recap:

Konomi hummed in response and stood up as well. Though she grew mischievous as she hooked her arm with the older male.

"So, Tada-San! Are you interested in anyone right now? Like a certain blonde busty female teacher?" The lilac haired giggled as she attempted to tease her uncle.

Though Karasuma raised his eyebrow at his niece before shaking his head, a small smile on his face, "Irina? Not happening, my main concern is to kill that octopus."

Konomi pouted and whined, "What! You must have some kind of fee-" the female stopped herself from speaking, her eyes widening before she rushed forward, kneeling beside Nakamura who was panting heavily.

"What's going on...." Konomi gasped, her hand reaching her her forehead.

KONOMI P.O.V.

"Such high fever...." I mumbled as I walked around, feeling my classmate's foreheads.

"Ugh! My nose!" I snapped my head up, my lilac colored eyes widening in horror as Okajima covered his nose which was flooding with blood.

Shit.... Something really isn't right....!

"Reception! Where's this island's hospital!!" Tada-San yelled as walked to the reception, Koro-sensei placed in a bag in his hand.

"Well... This is a rather tiny island.... So we only have a small clinic but the doctor on duty returns to another island at night...." I gritted my teeth as I heard the conversation, "You would have to wait until 10 o'clock tomorrow for the boat..."

I closed my eyes before opening them up with determination, "Alright, those who are feeling well, help me carry those who aren't feeling well. We need to try bringing down their fever," I commanded sternly, bringing my lilac hair into a high pony tail.

I started to move the tables and chairs, creating space before running off to ask for blankets.

As I held heavy blankets, wanting to lay them down for my classmates to rest on, the weight disappeared from my hands.

"Let me help."

I smiled in relief as Karma took more than half the blankets, quickly helping me lay them down on the floor.

"Come on Rio-chan, I'm going to move you alright?" I whispered to the blonde who was slumped against the wall.

The blonde laughed weakly as she opened one eye, "Sorry about this Konomi-chan...."

I rolled my eyes and gently placed her on the floor, covering her with a blanket, "Don't apologize, just rest. I'm going to get you some wet towels for your head."

Looking up, I saw that my classmates who were still feeling well were helping me, placing those who were sick on the blankets.

A sudden ringing of a phone made me snap my attention to my uncle who had a serious expression on, "Who is this? Are you the one behind this?"

My eyebrows furrowed as I made eye contact with the adult. He quickly nodded and put his phone on speaker.

"Kukuku.... You're intuition's not bad, teach. It's an artificially produced virus. It's not very infectious but if it does infect you, it's over....." The maniac voice projected out of the phone made my blood freeze.

"The incubation period and development of symptom can be different for each individual. But after a week, every cell in your body will be stunted and you'll soon be dead," my hands shook slightly as my eyes moved to my classmates who laid on the floor, "Sorry to tell you this, but theres only one cure. And unfortunately I'm the only one who carries it. It would be a pain to go give it to you, so.... Won't you come here and get it yourself?"